Latest Update for SOE CUSAT - School of Engineering Cochin University of Science and Technology
About SOE CUSAT
School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology (SOE-CUSAT) was established in 1978 for offering part-time M.Tech.Programmes in the major disciplines of engineering viz.Civil, Mechanical,Electrical and Chemical Engineering for practicing engineers in and around Cochin. Research activities were introduced in 1981 with Ph.D. Programmes.The School introduced B.Tech. Programmes in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology in 1995. A number of research projects have been sanctioned to the School by agencies like DSDT, Central Water Commission, ISRO, AICTE, Coir Board, Kerala State Coir Corporation, etc. The college offers B.Tech and M.Tech programmes.
SOE-CUSAT is located at Pipeline Rd, South Kalamassery, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala. Cochin International Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 19.5 km away. Nearest railway station to the college is Kalamassery Railway Station, located about 3.4 km away. For bus commutes, nearest bus station is Kalamassery Bus Station, which is located about 2.6 km away from the college.
- SOE-CUSAT has NBA accreditation.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Nature Club- Nature Club of SOE-CUSAT is formed as a club of teachers and students to provide neat and clean campus at the college. The main activity includes, planting trees,maintaining and cleaning the premises etc. The club has planted more than 200 trees so far.
- Placement Cell- The Placement Cell of the college takes care of managing the placement related tasks. It invites companies for recruitment, notify students about recruitment opportunities.
- Alumni Association- This Committee is responsible for contacting and corresponding with the alumni of SOE-CUSAT. They organise events like alumni meet.
- Grievance Cell- This Committee has been formed to address the complaints of the students of the college regarding the inconveniences met by them. The committee will take up matters related to actions and find solutions to the problems and issues raised by the students.
SOE CUSAT Highlights
SOE CUSAT Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
SOE CUSAT Admissions 2021
- Candidates will have to appear for Common Admission Test conducted by SOE-CUSAT. This test comprises of 250 objective type multiple choice questions based on Plus Two syllabus.
- The admission to the B.Tech programme is based on the score in this test.
SOE CUSAT Placements
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
SOE CUSAT Exams and Cutoffs
SOE CUSAT Student Reviews
I like the place and college.Good for study and fun.
You will leave with an everlasting memory
Overall college is good and you will enjoy here.
Last Seen: 14 Jun' 20
Joined On: 13 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2022
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Best campus life and education with all facilities
SOE,CUSAT overall a good college
SOE CUSAT Facilities
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
SOE CUSAT Gallery
Questions related to SOE CUSAT
Is CUSAT and SOE CUSAT are different colleges?
Cochin university of science and technology(CUSAT) and school of engineering, cochin university of science and technology(SOE CUSAT) are two different colleges. CUSAT is a university and SOE CUSAT is a engineering college under CUSAT that is SOE CUSAT is affiliated to CUSAT. Please click the below link to know more
is college of engineering ernakulam is better than some of our NITS?
National institute of technology(s) (NITs) are among of the most esteemed universities of our nation. There must be several other institutions that are way ahead in terms of education than NIT but college of engineering Ernakulam can't be considered more effective than NIT(s).
Best of luck !
can I get admission in Cusat with 65 percentage Marks in +2 board exams ?
- For admission in engineering a candidate must have passed 10+2 with atleast 45% with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and must score 45% marks in Mathematics individually.
- For admission in B.tech Instrumentation a candidate must have passed 10+2 with atleast 60% marks with Mathemactics, Physics and Chemistry and must score 55% marks individually in mathematics.
- For admission in naval architecture and ship building a candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks with Maths, physics and chemistry and must have 50% marks in maths.
- For admission in B.tech polymer science & engineering a candidate must have passed 10+2 with mathematics, physics and chemistry 50% aggregate and must have 50% marks in maths.
- For admission in marine engineering a candidate must pass with 60% with maths, physics and chemistry and must have 50% marks in english.
With your overall percentage you are eligible to get admission but you must also get minimum percentage in the concerned subject individually.You can check that with the provided information.And you must appear CUSAT CAT 2020 exam and qualify in the exam because the admission is based on merit in CUSAT CAT 2020.
How good is it branch of cusat according to placement?
The placements of CS, IT, and safety are good. Almost all of the students, who don't have backlogs got placed. Many companies of CS, IT, and safety visit the campus. The placement of EC branch is average because fewer core companies visit here. But many of them got placed in the IT companies. The placement of civil and mechanical is not good. Less number of core companies of the mechanical and civil visit the campus.
My JEE main NTA score is 74 % can I get addmission in CUSAT?
There is no chance to get CUSAT for your JEE Mains percentile according to previous years cutoff trends. Better to try for private colleges which accepts the JEE Mains percentile for giving admission in the colleges.
Click the below link for more details.
Hope this clears your doubts :)
All the best!!
SOE CUSAT Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The School of Engineering Library is one of the largest libraries that cater the learning and teaching requirements of the staff and students of the School of Engineering. The SOE library ensures the availability of current titles by browsing publishers printed catalogues, searching in online books shops, reading reviews, and receiving recommendations from faculty and students from all branches of teaching. The faculty concerned identify prominent journals. Books and Indian journals are being procured by the library. Foreign Journals are subscribed and supplied by the University Library.
The Department provides ample opportunity to the students to utilize their leisure time with physical activities to reduce their stress and inculcate a lifetime physical activity behaviour in their day-to-day education system. Physical fitness is not only the most important key to a healthy body but also the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual abilities. We encourage mass participation in physical activities, which enhance the overall cognitive abilities of the students. Our college desires to prepare all the Sports events to enable participation for All India and South Zone Inter University Tournaments.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
The college has a good networking for the alumni association.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: