School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology (SOE-CUSAT) was established in 1978 for offering part-time M.Tech.Programmes in the major disciplines of engineering viz.Civil, Mechanical,Electrical and Chemical Engineering for practicing engineers in and around Cochin. Research activities were introduced in 1981 with Ph.D. Programmes.The School introduced B.Tech. Programmes in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology in 1995. A number of research projects have been sanctioned to the School by agencies like DSDT, Central Water Commission, ISRO, AICTE, Coir Board, Kerala State Coir Corporation, etc. The college offers B.Tech and M.Tech programmes.
SOE-CUSAT is located at Pipeline Rd, South Kalamassery, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala. Cochin International Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 19.5 km away. Nearest railway station to the college is Kalamassery Railway Station, located about 3.4 km away. For bus commutes, nearest bus station is Kalamassery Bus Station, which is located about 2.6 km away from the college.
- SOE-CUSAT has NBA accreditation.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Nature Club- Nature Club of SOE-CUSAT is formed as a club of teachers and students to provide neat and clean campus at the college. The main activity includes, planting trees,maintaining and cleaning the premises etc. The club has planted more than 200 trees so far.
- Placement Cell- The Placement Cell of the college takes care of managing the placement related tasks. It invites companies for recruitment, notify students about recruitment opportunities.
- Alumni Association- This Committee is responsible for contacting and corresponding with the alumni of SOE-CUSAT. They organise events like alumni meet.
- Grievance Cell- This Committee has been formed to address the complaints of the students of the college regarding the inconveniences met by them. The committee will take up matters related to actions and find solutions to the problems and issues raised by the students.
Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
- Candidates will have to appear for Common Admission Test conducted by SOE-CUSAT. This test comprises of 250 objective type multiple choice questions based on Plus Two syllabus.
- The admission to the B.Tech programme is based on the score in this test.
- Candidates have to appear for GATE Entrance Exam.
- Rank lists for M. Tech. programmes are prepared on the basis of the valid GATE Score.
- Final selection will be based on the rank lists prepared.
- Candidates without GATE Score will be considered only if sufficient numbers of applicants with valid GATE Score are not available. Candidates without valid GATE score and sponsored candidates will have to appear for a Department Admission Test (DAT) conducted in the Department/School concerned.
For M.Tech (Part Time):
- Candidates will have to appear for a Department Admission Test (DAT) conducted in the Department/School concerned.
- The admission to the M.Tech Part Time programmes is on the basis of the score in Departmental Admission Test, the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and work experience.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
- Library- The library at SOE-CUSAT caters the needs of the students by ensuring a sound reference collection, circulating text books and general books, supplying CDs, and journals, and providing analog or digital copies of the materials. The library is fully automated using KOHA open source software. The library has 9 Desktop Computers with a DVD drive and a server. There are two laser printers and one flatbed scanner. The library has one digital photocopy machine that can also be used as a printer and scanner. The library is providing internet access to members.
- Sports- The college has all the major courts and playgrounds for all the known sports like football, volleyball, basketball, athletics, indoor games etc. College promotes the idea of staying fit with sports.
- Classrooms- The college has modern classrooms with necessary audio-video equipment for modern and interactive teaching and learning.
- Laboratories- SOE-CUSAT has separate laboratories for separate departments of college. Each laboratory has all the necessary facilities available like equipment, internet connection etc.
I have reviewed my college without any interest
It had been good three years till now.
Overall it was quite a good experience.
Presently I'm in 3rd year and till now the experience is goo
Questions related to SOE CUSAT
Is CUSAT and SOE CUSAT are different colleges?
Cochin university of science and technology(CUSAT) and school of engineering, cochin university of science and technology(SOE CUSAT) are two different colleges. CUSAT is a university and SOE CUSAT is a engineering college under CUSAT that is SOE CUSAT is affiliated to CUSAT. Please click the below link to know more
is college of engineering ernakulam is better than some of our NITS?
National institute of technology(s) (NITs) are among of the most esteemed universities of our nation. There must be several other institutions that are way ahead in terms of education than NIT but college of engineering Ernakulam can't be considered more effective than NIT(s).
Best of luck !
can I get admission in Cusat with 65 percentage Marks in +2 board exams ?
- For admission in engineering a candidate must have passed 10+2 with atleast 45% with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and must score 45% marks in Mathematics individually.
- For admission in B.tech Instrumentation a candidate must have passed 10+2 with atleast 60% marks with Mathemactics, Physics and Chemistry and must score 55% marks individually in mathematics.
- For admission in naval architecture and ship building a candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks with Maths, physics and chemistry and must have 50% marks in maths.
- For admission in B.tech polymer science & engineering a candidate must have passed 10+2 with mathematics, physics and chemistry 50% aggregate and must have 50% marks in maths.
- For admission in marine engineering a candidate must pass with 60% with maths, physics and chemistry and must have 50% marks in english.
With your overall percentage you are eligible to get admission but you must also get minimum percentage in the concerned subject individually.You can check that with the provided information.And you must appear CUSAT CAT 2020 exam and qualify in the exam because the admission is based on merit in CUSAT CAT 2020.
How good is it branch of cusat according to placement?
The placements of CS, IT, and safety are good. Almost all of the students, who don't have backlogs got placed. Many companies of CS, IT, and safety visit the campus. The placement of EC branch is average because fewer core companies visit here. But many of them got placed in the IT companies. The placement of civil and mechanical is not good. Less number of core companies of the mechanical and civil visit the campus.
My JEE main NTA score is 74 % can I get addmission in CUSAT?
There is no chance to get CUSAT for your JEE Mains percentile according to previous years cutoff trends. Better to try for private colleges which accepts the JEE Mains percentile for giving admission in the colleges.
Click the below link for more details.
Hope this clears your doubts :)
All the best!!
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: