Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering (LDCE), Ahmedabad was established in the year 1948. The College was started with the donation given by Sheth Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai. He had donated Rs. 25 lacs and 31.2 hectares of land for the establishment of LDCE. The College is managed by the Department of Technical Education, Government of Gujarat. LDCE is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University (GTU).
Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering, Ahmedabad is located at 120, Circular Road, University Area, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Chandlodiya Railway Station is around 6 km away and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport is around 12 km away from the College. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach LDCE.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
LDCE, Ahmedabad is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- The Indian Institutions of Valuers (IIV)
- Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India), Ahmedabad Centre
- Ambica Construction Company
- Builders Association of India, Ahmedabad Centre
- Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management, Government of Gujarat
- Mahavir Traders, Ahmedabad
- Mukesh A Patel Technical Consultancy & Civil Engineering Laboratory (MAPTCEL), Gandhinagar
- Patel Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd., Anand
- S3M Design Consultant LLP, Ahmedabad
- SID Consultants, Ahmedabad
- UltraTech Cement Limited
- SB Solutions
- Confederation of Indian Industry(CII)
- Bluechip Infocorp Pvt Ltd.
- Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India), Ahmedabad Centre
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Advanature: This Club is an initiative of an NGO named Invincible. It works on four different areas i.e. Environment Awareness, Heritage and Culture Conservation, Nature Education, Adventure.
- FOSS Programming Club: This Club is for Computer Science students. The aim of this club is to strengthen the weak areas of the students in programming.
- IEEE L.D.C.E: This Club helps to promote the growth & development of electrotechnology and allied sciences for the benefit of humanity.
- Mind Palace: This is a quiz club of the college that organises quizzes on regular intervals for the students.
- National Service Scheme: NSS is a student organisation that focuses on personality development of students via community linkages & services.
- SAE India Collegiate Club: This Club organises various workshops, seminars, industrial visits, etc in the field related to automotive and sound engineering.
- Vox Populi Club: This is a socio-cultural club of the college where students can come together and have fun. This Club is handled by the students of LDCE.
- Vox Populi Magazine: This is the official magazine of the college where LDites can share their experiences, opinions and knowledge.
- Students Cell: This Cell runs by the students of LDCE for the betterment of students. Any problems faced by any students are solved by this cell.
- Placement Cell: Placement Cell of LDCE helps students to get placed in a good company for their career growth.
- Entrepreneurship Cell: This Cell helps to train students to become future entrepreneurs.
- Anti Ragging Committee: This Committee works to stop ragging of students inside the college premises.
- Girls Hostel Management Committee: This Committee is for the girls hostel. All the decisions related to girls hostel-like warden selection, hygienic environment, etc are taken care by this committee.
- Grievance Committee: The Committee ensures that there is no discrimination amongst any students inside the campus-based on caste, religion, gender, etc.
- AISHE Committee:
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Committee: This Committee stops any kind of sexual harassment taking place.
- Committee of Students for Suraksha Setu Yojana: Regular meetings are conducted by this committee for the safety issues of students and to maintain discipline in the campus.
- Women Development Cell: This Cell works to empower women by organising various awareness lectures and activities.
Exams and Cutoffs
Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering Admission Process:
Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering offers admission to various undergraduate (BE/B.Tech) and postgraduate (ME, M.Tech, MCA) courses. Admission to undergraduate courses is done through JEE Main/GUJCET exam while admission to postgraduate courses is done on the basis of marks scored in GATE/PGCET exam. The details of LD College of Engineering admission processes are given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (BE/B.Tech):
- Candidates have to qualify for the JEE Main/GUJCET exam for admission.
- The candidates have to register for the counselling process and choose LDCE as their preference.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for counselling process conducted by Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC).
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (ME/M.Tech/MCA):
- Candidates have to qualify for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Exam/ Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET).
- The candidates have to fill an online application form on the website of LDCE.
- Final admission will be done on the basis of performance in the GATE/PGCET Exam.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering provides many infrastructural facilities for the students and staff. LDCE has a library inside the premises, separate hostels for boys and girls, sports facilities. It also has a canteen that serves food to the students and staff. Other facilities like internet, etc are also available for them.
- Library: The library of LDCE has a collection of reference books, academic books, encyclopedias, national and international journals, etc.
- Hostel: LDCE has separate hostels for boys and girls. A common room is also available where students can watch television.
- Sports: LDCE, Ahmedabad provides both indoor and outdoor sports facilities to the students. It supports games like cricket, football, badminton, chess, kho kho, etc.
- Canteen: Canteen is available inside the college for the students and faculty. Various cuisines are served at a reasonable price.
That's offer you should not refuse for the price
The experience here is great.Living inAhmd does teach a lot
Last Seen: 08 Jul' 20
Joined On: 29 Nov' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- BE Electrical Engineering
very nice college.
Excellent with all sides
Questions related to LDCE Ahmedabad
Does LDCE AHMEDABAD has Laundry and Wifi in Hostel?
WiFi service facility is provided at the LDCE, Ahmedabad. There are WiFi labs in this college. But for laundry, there is nothing that I could gather. Kindly try contacting the college via email/call to know further about your queries. You can get to know more about the same.
You can even know more about the college, click this link to know more.
Link :- https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.careers360.com/colleges/ld-college-of-engineering-ahmedabad/amp&ved=2ahUKEwiJkKP33ITsAhWMyzgGHQSaCKEQFjAAegQIDhAC&usg=AOvVaw13DEx5Imou7mrT_KNkCERn&cf=1
Hope this helps. Thank You.
which collages is best for computer engineering BVM VIDHYANAGR OR LDCE AHEMDABAD
Both the colleges LDCE Ahemdabad and BVM Vidyanagar, are very old and prestigious colleges of Gujrat. Below, I'll be listing few of the things about both of them and then you can judge which one you prefer, because just stating one college is better than the other would be unfair, both being equally prestigious.
1. As far as the campus is concerned, LD has a a bigger and vaster college campus, than BVM, so if you want a full fledged college life, with a nice campus, you can opt for LD. Also, attendance is not an issue in LD , as it's not very strict about attendance issues, but in BVM, attendance is a very important aspect.
2. Faculty in both the colleges is equally good, with well versed professors, but if you are looking for a strict environment to get a hook of studying well, i will say BVM is the place for you.
3. Now, coming to placements, LD definitely leads the field, with 65% being placed last year from all the streams, highest package was 12 LPA, and average package was 5LPA, whereas placement conditions in BVM were not so good, the highest package being 4LPA and average being 2LPA.
I stated all the necessary details about both the colleges, now you are the one to judge as of which college you want to get enrolled.
If you are still confused and want to know more options with your JEE Mains rank, you can get it here:
l am getting ECE in LD college of engineering. Should I go for it ?
LDCE is a good gov. college of gujrat with minimum fees nd good placement num. But you will not get anytype of pressures from the collage so u have to study by yourselves. Nd in the race of enjoying the collage life nd study most of the time the first part win.
Let me make one thing clear about LD....
It come to know from people that in LD , the lectures are not taken and that. But I know what's really the scenario. As there is less weightage on attendance in LD college student choose to indulge in extra curricular activities. Faculty of the college is always there to take the lectures whether it be 5 students or 50.And the assignments and submission are very important over here and this all things will be done along with the exams over your head. So I would say that's the real challenge rather than mugging up books through out the 8 semesters and being spoon fed.You will become an engineer at LDCE .
LD is the best college for doing EC in Gujarat( yes I proudly say we have ROBOCON ). If we look at the placements , the EC students are placed along with the computer students in recruiter like HSBC.
Does ECE in L.d.c.e Ahmedabad has worth or to go for some other branches in this college?
First of all I want to make a thing clear, you should never go for a college. Rather go for your favorite branch. Branch you are interested in. And second thing is that yes it will be good to enroll in ece.but only on one condition if you really wanted to go fir ece. Otherwise you can think of Cse too. Totally depends upon you.
Hope this helps,
All the best and Thank you!
Ive got 66% in GSEB HSC So is there any chance to get CS in LD or any other collages by performing good in GUJCET ? And if yes then how much marks do I need in GUJCET ? And my JEE percentile is 89 .
Firstly I will talk about your jee mains percentile as in good. For general category in board you have to score 75% to get NIT, IIIT or IIT now about your Gujarat college as you need LD college which is most finest college of Gujarat as you have not mention your category but for general category is tough to get CSE as your score in board is too low but you should get 100+ marks in Gujcet so to get some low branch in LD college
Hope this help you
Free to ask any questions in comments
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: