|GATE||08 Jan, 2021||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|05 Feb, 2021 - 07 Feb, 2021||Exam | Mode: Online|
|12 Feb, 2021 - 14 Feb, 2021||Exam | Mode: Online|
|22 Mar, 2021||Result | Mode: Online|
|17 Nov, 2020 - 23 Nov, 2020||Application Correction - Reopened | Mode: Online|
|28 Oct, 2020 - 13 Nov, 2020||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|08 Oct, 2020 - 14 Oct, 2020||Late Fee Application | Mode: Online|
|11 Sep, 2020 - 08 Oct, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
|26 Jul, 2020||Advertisement | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Accreditation: NBA
- Offered by: Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Heat Power Engineering is a two-year full-time postgraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra.
GATE qualified candidates – Based on academic record and GATE score- Merit list is prepared on the basis of 80% weightage to GATE Score and 20% weightage to Class 10, 12 and graduation / Postgraduation marks Non-GATE candidates – Based on academic record and Entrance Test- Merit list is prepared on the basis of 80% weightage to marks obtained in Entrance Test and 20% weightage to Class 10, 12 and graduation / Postgraduation marks
1. Candidates must hold either a
a). B.E. / B.Tech. / AMIE / MCA / equivalent degree in the appropriate disciplines / branches mentioned below for the respective courses, with a minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) in graduation / MCA.
b). M.Sc. / M.A. degree or equivalent in the appropriate disciplines/branches mentioned below for the respective courses with 55% (50% for SC/ST), after graduating with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification in the 10+2+3 system from a recognized University.
2. Candidates should preferably be GATE qualified. Non-GATE candidates may also apply. However, their applications will be considered only after applicants who have qualified in GATE have been considered for admission.
3. Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme can also apply and if selected can join the programme provisionally.
4. Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the tripartite panel of AICTE-UGC-DEC, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) calculated as per item (1) above. They must enclose a photocopy of pass certificate, mark sheets of qualifying examination and proof of the programme recognized by the AICTE-UGC-DEC in the letter head of the Institute / College / University with their application form.