Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli was established in the year 1990 as a teaching-cum-affiliating University by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The university is also known as MSU Tirunelveli and it is named after Tamil Poet scholar, Professor P. Sundaram Pillai the author of the famous verse drama Manonmaniam. The campus is spread over 550 acres of land. 77 affiliated Colleges, 6 University Colleges and 4 Constituent Colleges comes under MSU Tirunelveli. Animal Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Commerce, Communication, Computer, Science & Engg, Criminology, Economics, Education, English, Environmental Science, Geotechnology, History, Info.Technology & Engg, Management Studies, Marine Science, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Physics, Physical Education & Sports, Plant Science, Psychology, Renewable Energy, Social Exclusion, Sociology, Statistics, Tamil, DDCE-B.Ed are the academic departments of MSU offering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students.
MSU is located at Tirunelveli Road, Abishekapatti in Tamil Nadu. Pettai is around 7 km away from the institute. Trivandrum International Airport is approx 170 km away whereas the nearest bus depot KTC Tamirabarani Bus Depot is around 10 km away from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli.
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 15 Aug 2023 and the score is 3.13 .
Exams and Cutoffs
MSU offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the combined merit of the qualifying examination and the entrance examination conducted by MSU. Admission to P.hd programme is based on an entrance examination conducted by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli followed by an interview. The detailed admission procedure is given below:
- Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria will have to apply online on the website of the university.
- Aspirants have to appear for the entrance examination conducted by MSU.
- Admission shall be based on the combined merit of the qualifying examination and the entrance examination and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates make a move to the final stage of the admission process wherein they have to get their document verified and pay the fee.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of the combined merit of the qualifying examination and the entrance examination, university-level document verification and fee payment.
- Aspiring candidates have to apply online on the website of MSU Tirunelveli.
- Applicants have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli.
- Further candidates will be called for an interview and aspirants qualifying the interview will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to get their documents verified and pay the fee and this is the last stage of the admission process.
- Final admission will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination, performance in the personal interview, university-level document verification and fee payment.
Computer Application and IT (M.C.A.)
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Library: MSU Tirunelveli has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: MSU provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Cafeteria: The university has a cafeteria for boys and girls that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students and caters to the food requirement of the students.
- Laboratories: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure.
- Medical Facilities: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students the institution has a health centre for the students, staff and faculty.
- Computing Centre: The institute has a computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 15 Aug 2023 ; CGPA : 3.13