- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
The two-year Master of Arts degree programme in Economics (MA in Economics) is a one-of-its-kind graduate programme in the field in India. The programme is academically rigorous, with a focus on interdisciplinarity and practical exposure. The programme will equip the graduating students with analytical skills to understand the complex modern world and test solutions to the challenges it poses. The graduates from this programme may opt for professions in academia, corporate sector, consulting, public policy and governance, and non-governmental organisations. The applicant should have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any field including Engineering and Management; training in quantitative subjects in Class 12 or at Bachelor's level is preferred; a valid GRE/CAT or graduate level aptitude test or entrance test of Indian Central Universities, IGIDR or others. Candidates who have not appeared for any of these exams are eligible to apply. The University will administer an aptitude test for shortlisted candidates. Foreign students with a valid IELTS score can also apply.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent in any field including engineering and management.
- Training in quantitative subjects in 12th Standard or at Bachelors level.
- A valid score in GRE or graduate level aptitude tests, namely, CAT/Entrance tests of Indian Central Universities, IGIDR or others. If a candidate has not appeared for any of these tests, he/she is still eligible to apply. In such a case, the University will administer an aptitude test for the shortlisted candidates.
- A valid IELTS score for foreign students.
- Creative business or social entrepreneurship will also be assessed.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent CGPA, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- The Bachelor ’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified y he university/ institution from where they have obtained bachelor's degree.
- A candidate who has appeared for the final year examination of bachelor's degree or equivalent can also apply. Such candidate must produce a certificate from the authority of the of the university/ institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks (i.e. all the years’ grade/marks except the final year grade/marks).