- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Pondicherry University, Puducherry
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by the Pondicherry University, Puducherry.
Eligibility for admission to the first year of B.Tech Courses :
- A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination of the (10+2) curriculum (academic stream) prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu or any other examination equivalent thereto with a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for OBC/ MBC and SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of subjects- Mathematics, Physics and any one of the following optional subjects: Chemistry /Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology (Botany & Zoology) or an examination of any University or Authority recognized by the Executive Council of the Pondicherry University as equivalent thereto.
Age Limit :
- The upper age limit is 21 years on 1st July of the academic year (Relaxation up to three years for candidates belonging to OBC / BCM / MBC / EBC and BT communities and five years for candidates belonging to SC / ST communities
Admission to the third semester of B.Tech course (under lateral entry) :
- The minimum qualification for admission is a pass in a three-year diploma or four-year sandwich diploma course in engineering/technology with a minimum of 45 % marks ( 40% marks for OBC/MBC and SC/ST candidates) in aggregate in the subjects covered from 3rd to final semester or a pass in B.Sc. degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with a minimum of 45 % marks ( 40% marks for OBC/MBC and SC/ST candidates) and passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
Age Limit (Lateral Entry) :
- For Lateral Entry admission to the second year of a degree program, candidates should not have completed 24 years as on 1st July of the academic year under consideration. In the case of SC/ST candidates, the age limit is relaxable by 3 years for both cases.