About Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar
Shantilal Shah Engineering College (SSGEC), Bhavnagar is a technical institute that was established in the year 1983. The campus of SSGEC Bhavnagar spreads across 80 acres of land. Undergraduate and postgraduate engineering courses in various domains are offered by the college. Shantilal Shah Engineering College is affiliated to Gujarat Technical University.
Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar is situated in Bhavnagar, Gujarat. The college is connected with all modes of transportation. Bhavnagar Para Railway Station is around 10 kms away and Bhavnagar Airport is around 13 kms away from the college. The nearest Bus Stand from the college is Bhavnagar Bus Stand which is around 10 Kms away.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Training and Placement Cell: This Cell focuses on the overall development of the students through training and expert lectures for the placement in the top companies.
- Anti Ragging Committee: The Committee increases awareness and prevents any ill activities like raging inside the campus.
- Grievance Redressal Committee: The committee ensures that there is no discrimination amongst any students inside the campus based on caste, religion, gender, etc.
- Women Anti Harassment Committee: This Committee prevents any kind of sexual harassment.
- Student Scholarship Committee
- Gymkhana Committee: This Committee looks after all the issues and matters related to gym, sports.
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar Admission Process:
Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar offers admission to the undergraduate courses. Admission will be done through JEE Main/GUJCET examination. Further, the candidates have to appear for the counselling process. The detailed admission process is given below:
For Undergraduate Courses:
- Candidates have to qualify JEE Main/GUJCET exam for admission.
- The candidates have to fill an online application form based on the marks scored in JEE Main.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for counselling process conducted by Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC).
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
It was a nice experience being here.
It is opportunity to grow up knowledge and skill
Last Seen: 03 Mar' 16
Joined On: 03 May' 14
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
- BE Mechanical Engineering
Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar provides various infrastructural facilities to the students and faculties such as separate hostels for boys and girls, library with a collection of books, a canteen that serves food to the students, laboratories for providing practical knowledge, transport facilities for the local students, etc. Various other facilities such as a mechanical workshop, computing facility, etc are also available for the students.
- Hostel :- Boys hostel is present inside the campus. The hostel provides a mess facility for the students.
- Library:- SSGEC provides a library at college premises that include technical books, journals, research papers, reference books, etc for the students and faculty.
- Girls Room: There are special rooms for girls inside the college premises.
- Laboratories:- SSGEC has advanced technical labs for the students for every department of undergraduate courses.
- Canteen:- The college is having a canteen facility for the students that provide fast food and a meal at a reasonable price and quality.
- Computing Facility:- Separate Computing facility for each department is provided by the college. Systems are equipped with the latest processors and configurations.
- Transport Facility:- SSGEC provides the bus facility for local students to travel the distance between the city and the college.
- Mechanical Workshop: Mechanical Workshop is equipped with the latest machine tools and machinery for the students who want to build their career in mechanical engineering.
- Sports: SSGEC has ground for various games like cricket, badminton, etc. Students also participate in various competitions like state-level chess tournament, kho-kho, kabaddi, etc.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: