Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram was established in 1995 by the Government of Kerala. The college is affiliated to the University of Kerala. SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The College was established after the Great Maharaja of Travancore with the aim of imparting education to students in terms of engineering, training and research. The college also has a career guidance and placement cell which guides students for their overall development through various training programmes. Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram offers admissions to students for B.Tech and M.Tech programmes related to different branches of engineering.
SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram is located in NH 66, CTO Colony, Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The nearest airport from the Institute is the Trivandrum Airport which is 9.1 km away and students can reach the campus in about 22 mins. The nearest railway station from Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram is the Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station which is 5 km away and students can reach the campus in approximately 9 mins. Trivandrum Central Bus Station is also 5 km away from the Institute and students can reach the campus in about 10 mins.
Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
Clubs, Committees & Societies:-
- Lanscape- Lanscape of SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram consists of members of students and faculty from Computer Science and Engineering department to develop interests in technical field by conducting and participating in technical innovations, projects, research as well as national level cultural activities. There is Code Club under Lanscape where students undertake group projects related to their respective subjects. Another cell called FOSS Cell is also established under Lanscape which promotes the use of software among students.
National Service Scheme (NSS)- National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Youth Programme which is established under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. Students have also conducted various programmes under this scheme including international yoga day, blood donation, leprosy campaign, swachh bharat, literary campaign, mass cleaning, mass tree plantation, road traffic awareness, sand sculpturing, polio vaccine, disaster management, PFMS training etc. to spread awareness among the common people.
IEEE- This is a society of Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram consisting of members of students and faculty which aims to show the importance of technological developments in Electronics, Computer Science, Image Processing, Communication, and Information Technology through various expert talks, workshops and seminars etc.
Kerala Block chain Academy Innovation Club (KBAIC)- KBAIC has been developed by Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram to make students aware about the importance of block chain technology.
Literary Club- The main objective of the Literary Club of SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram is to develop the literary and english speaking skills of students. Students are motivated to join this club where various programmes and activities are conducted to develop the literary skills of students for their career opportunities and overall development.
- SAE- Society for Automotive Engineers consist of members who organise workshops to develop their skills in the field of mechanical engineering. This is a club of all the budding engineers who take part in a series of workshops to know about the technological developments of Mechanical Engineering and other related fields.
- IICHE- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) conducts conferences, seminars and symposiums on different topics of Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering and project management.
- CSI- Computer Society of India (CSI) of Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram organise various expert talks, workshops and seminars to know about the technological developments related to the field of Computer Science and Engineering, Image Processing, Communication, Machine Learning and Information Technology.
- Encon Club- Energy Conservation Club consists of members who conduct expert talks, workshops and seminars to spread the importance of energy conservation among students and other members of SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram.
- Meckartans Club- This Club comprises of students from Mechanical Engineering department who conduct various workshops and seminars related to automotive engineering. The members of this club also develop and implement their ideas in developing gokarts in National level events.
- ASME- The American Society of Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram is a society which consists of students belonging to the Mechanical department. The society provides education and training to students by organising various events like pro-e classes, industrial visits, workshops, quizzes etc.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell- Entrepreneurship Development Cell was formed with the objective of developing the entrepreneurship skills in students so that they can develop ideas and plan to start entrepreneurial ventures. Students are mentored here by trained professionals by organising various events and workshops.
- CEST- CEST comprises of members of students and faculty of SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram from Electronics and Communication Department to educate the students about the technological developments of the industry related to Electronics and Communication Engineering. Various workshops and events are also conducted to provide a practical knowledge about the advancements of technology.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 1.93 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
- Total Fees: 1.93 Lakhs
- Seats: 60 Seats
- Total Fees: 1.93 Lakhs
- Seats: 60 Seats
- Total Fees: 1.93 Lakhs
- Seats: 60 Seats
Exams and Cutoffs
Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram provides admissions to B.Tech and M.Tech programmes based on the scores of KEAM and GATE respectively. Detailed description on both the programmes, counselling process and its admission procedure are mentioned below.
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Tech):
- Candidates have to qualify Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) Exam conducted by Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE).
- For the final selection, shortlisted candidates have to register and appear for the online counselling process by submitting all required details and paying the required amount of fees.
- Admission will be done after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment at Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech):
- Candidates should qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Priority will be given to the candidates having valid GATE Score. In case seats remain vacant, then candidates from Kerala State without valid GATE Score will be considered for admission. If seats are still vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
- Candidates have to register for an open counselling process.
- Final selection will be based on the merit of GATE score, participation in counselling, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment at SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
SCTCE, Thiruvananthapuram provides various infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as library with collection of books, computing centre for enhancing practical knowledge of students, hostels for accommodation, canteen that serves hygienic food and transport facility well for the local students.
- Computing Facility: SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram provides computing facility for the students and faculty. It is also used to conduct various online tests. Computing centre is equipped with HP Blade Server and 48 workstations connected over a switched fast Ethernet.
- Library: Library of Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram has a collection of books, magazines, newspapers, journals, periodicals, etc for the students and faculty.
- Hostel: The College has separate hostels for boys and girls with wardens available for the safety and security of the students.
- Canteen: Canteen is available at SCTCE Thiruvananthapuram premises that serves food to the students and faculty at a reasonable rates.
- Transport: Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram provides transport facility for the local students and faculty to travel between the College and the city.
One of the best engineering college in kerala
Sargam Chithram Thalam
Cult your Way to Success
Offers better technical education and variety of courses
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: