- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a three-year full-time course offered by the Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai, and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The candidates who passed X Standard or equivalent examinations with English, Mathematics, and Science subjects are eligible for admission into Polytechnic Colleges.
- There is no age restriction to join the Diploma Courses.
- The students from other states may be considered for admission as per the regulations and guidelines laid down by the Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu. Admissions will be made as per the instructions of the Government of Tamil Nadu from time to time.
- Candidates for admission in a three-year Diploma shall be required to have passed the 10th S.S.L.C Examination either in Samachar Kalvi, CBSE, International Board of School Studies, or any other course recognized by any State Government qualifying for Higher Education.
- If the Candidate comes under private study shall also eligible to join 3-year Diploma by they should submit compulsorily previous standard Transfer Certificate (If they appeared X std Examination in a private stream they should submit IX std T.C)
Lateral Entry Admission:
- For Lateral Entry into the Second year (III Semester) of the three year diploma courses, the candidates shall be required to have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (Academic or Vocational) of 10 plus 2 pattern, with the following conditions :
- Academic Stream candidates should have compulsorily studied Maths, Physics & Chemistry at 10 + 2 level.
- Vocational Stream candidates should have studied either Maths or Physics or Chemistry as one of the subjects of study along with the related Vocational Subject (Theory & Practical) at 10 + 2 level.
- HSC / 10 the std with 2 years ITI students can directly join the second year of the three-year Diploma Program.
- There is no age limit for admission.