Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Highlights
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Courses & Fees
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Admissions 2021
For MBA/Executive MBA/PGDBA:
- Candidate has to appear for CAT/GMAT entrance exam.
- On the basis of CAT/GMAT score, past academic performance and past work experience (if any), candidates are shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will appear for a Written Aptitude Test and Personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for a Written/Computer Test and a Personal Interview.
- For admission, candidates will be evaluated according to: Academic Record, Written/Computer Test and Personal Interview conducted by the Department/Centre/School.
- Candidates who have done B.Tech from an IIT with a CGPA of 8 or above will be given direct admission in PhD programme.
- A candidate who has obtained research scholarship on the basis of NET fellowship examination will be evaluated on the basis of the degree required to obtain according to the eligibility criteria.
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Placements
Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Exams and Cutoffs
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Student Reviews
Best Faculty..they will help to migrate to a Real Life Mgr
One of the best B-school of Eastern India
Last Seen: 16 Sep' 16
Joined On: 16 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
Good for consulting,operations and general management roles
Last Seen: 12 Sep' 16
Joined On: 12 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
The best MBA school in Eastern Region
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Facilities
- Accommodation- Accommodation is provided in the halls of residence for postgraduate students. All rooms are provided with internet facilities. The hostels are wi-fi equipped.
- Library- VGSM students have access to both the Central Library of IIT Kharagpur and the VGSM's own Library. VGSM subscribes to CMIE database, various national and international journals and newspapers.
- Guest Houses- VGSM campus has a number of guest houses on campus viz. Technology Guest House, Visveswaraya Guest House and Salt Lake Guest House in Kolkata Extension Centre of IIT Kharagpur.
- Computer Labs- The labs are well equipped with the computers. Latest software and Databases are supported on these computers. VGSM is connected with the rest of the Institute through a LAN, which is connected to the Internet via a high speed bandwidth line. The lab is equipped with nine Bloomberg terminals for finance and analytics enthusiasts.
- Counselling Centre- IIT Kharagpur caters to the mental and emotional health of its students through a well equipped, well staffed counselling centre.
- Sports- Technology Students’ Gymkhana provides various outdoor and indoor sports facilities.
- Swimming Pool- A swimming pool of international standards functions under the Technology Aquatic Society.
- Hospital- B. C. Roy Technology Hospital has both indoor and outdoor treatment facilities. Students can avail medical facilities by producing their medical book and are covered under a comprehensive medical insurance scheme.
(Rank 11th in Public/Govt.)
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Gallery
Questions related to Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Can a bachleor of commerce accounts honours student apply in this college for M. b. a?
Admission in MBA in Vinod Gupta school of management IIT Kharagpur is done on the basis of cat score if you are a BCOM candidate then you too can apply for this , for that firstly you need to have a shined percentile in CAT, and your overall admission will be done on the basis of your 10th marks , 12th marks , graduation marks and cat score and your interview also.
Best of luck.
Iim kashipur vs vgsom what should i choose for my MBA?? NO INCLINATION TOWARDS ANY PARTICULAR SPECIALIZATION please suggest
IIM KASHIPUR has been ranked 24 while VGSOM IIT Kharagpur has been ranked 26.
For IIM Kashipur these are the followimg details:
- Course Fees-10.29 Lakh
- Cutoff- CAT : Percentile 95 Out of 100
- Highest Package-21.78 Lakh
For vgsom IIT kharagpur these are the following details:
- Course Fees-7.18 Lakh
- Seats-160 Seats
- Highest Package-23lakhs
- cutoff- percentile 96 out of 100
Since you do not anu personal inclination, It is preferred to opt for IIM kashipura as it has better rankings and equivalent packages and in campus fascilities as compared to VGSOM. The final call is your.
Hope I was helpful to you.Thanks for Connecting with career360. We are always available to help you. All the best for your future!
SIBM Pune vs VGSOM for MBA in Operations?
Management has major domains like Finance, Operations, Strategy, Marketing, Information Technology, Human Resource and other minor domains.
Industrial and Operational Management is a part of Operations Management domain which come under the large umbrella of Management.
Work experience is one of the crucial parameters expected (not mandatory) aspects of any operational management aspirants opting for any college.
SBIM Pune is one of renowned colleges in Pune for MBA. It's cutoff lies around 75+ SNAP percentile. It does have a good reputation and infrastructure for MBA program. On the other hand VGSOM, being a child of IIT KGP, it has the great infrastructure and reach better than SIBM. But track record of Placements for SIBM shows greater than VGSOM.
Overall both the colleges seem good, but it's your decision that which factor is more important for you, like infrastructure, education quality, placements, location etc and then make decision.
Hope this helps.
All the best!
Hi there,I have scored 93.58 in CAT.Is there any possibility of me making it to VGSOM?
Well, the cut-off is 90 percentile. VGSoM emphasizes on work-ex and the past acads too. So, the better such external parameters you have the better the chances of a call at the earlier 90s. However, 93–94 is a safe side. I know people making the convert just at the cutoff.
You can refer to their website for a better clarification on the composite score calculation.
I am an a GEM with 10/12/grad as 95/84/80 respectively a fresher .what percentile is needed to get a call from iit kgp mba
You also bave excellent academic scores an dhence good chances if sxores above 95 on safe side.
Cutoff trends for all shared below.
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Related Articles
The placement process for the Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM), I....
VGSoM institute prepares managers and entrepreneurs through its excellent ....
Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: