CAT +1 More
|CAT||29 Nov, 2020||Exam | Mode: Online|
|28 Oct, 2020 - 29 Nov, 2020||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|10 Jan, 2021 (Tentative)||Result | Mode: Online|
|05 Nov, 2020||Others - Mock test - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|27 Sep, 2020 - 29 Sep, 2020||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|05 Aug, 2020 - 23 Sep, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
|29 Jul, 2020||Advertisement | Mode: Online|
|GMAT||20 Apr, 2020 - 21 Feb, 2021||Application - Appointments for test date | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the flagship postgraduate program of Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. It is a 2-year (spanning over four semesters) full-time residential program offered by Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur at VGSoM.
The selection of candidates for admission to the batch of MBA at VGSoM, PIT Kharagpur is a two-step process. In the first step, candidates are short-listed for Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview (WAT-PI) from among candidates who have
- a valid CAT score equal to or above the cut-offs as given in Table 1.
- applied for the program and satisfy the eligibility criteria for the program.
Overall CAT score out of 20 and application rating (AR) out of 20 will be added to get the marks for shortlisting candidates to be called for WAT-PI. The application rating looks at the applicants' academic performance (marks obtained) in the 10th Standard Examination, 12th Standard Examination, Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree Examination and the candidates' work experience. Although the online application portal captures sectional scores and percentile as part of CAT, the same is not used for application rating. The scores for the application rating is provided in Table 2.
An overseas category candidate who applies with a GMAT score instead of a CAT Score should have a total scaled score of at least 750.
Candidates seeking admission to the MBA Programme of the Institute should have Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or Master's degree in Science, Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor's level)* with the following criteria:
- A candidate must have any of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree of minimum 4-year duration in engineering, technology, pharmacy, medicine, or similar disciplines;
- Master’s degree in Science/Economics/Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level); with:
- GE/NC-OBC:Minimum of 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD:Minimum of 55% marks (or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10-point scale)
- For both the above cases, if the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0, the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, if selected, the admission of such candidates to the program will be provisional, only if (s)he submits a certificate latest by May 31, from the competent authorities of his/her university/college/institute (issued on or before May 31, ) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per Government of India rules.
- Applicants must be in good health. In case of any discrepancy found in the certificate of medical fitness to be submitted during registration, the opinion of the Institute Medical Officer will be final
- Candidates belonging to PwD category seeking admission to MBA are required to appear before a medical board on or before October 31, 2020 at IIT Kharagpur. The decision of the Medical Board is final and becomes binding to the candidate
- Selection of applicants whose results in the qualifying degree examination are yet to be declared will be provisional, subject to the condition that all parts of the examination must be completed in all respects before the date of joining the Institute and the marksheet/certificate as evidence of passing the qualifying examination are to be submitted latest by October 31
Best Faculty..they will help to migrate to a Real Life Mgr
- Batch of Jan. 1, 1995
One of the best B-school of Eastern India
Last Seen: 16 Sep' 16
Joined On: 16 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
Good for consulting,operations and general management roles
Last Seen: 12 Sep' 16
Joined On: 12 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
The best MBA school in Eastern Region
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017