WHAT IS DISASTER MANAGEMENT ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in any subject from a recognised board to do any UG course.
For PG: Master's programme needs a Bachelor's degree in any discipline preferably with 50% marks. Working professionals are eligible for short and long-term courses.
SCOPE OF DISASTER MANAGEMENT
- Various opportunities are available for postgraduates in the field of teaching, research, consultancy, and scientific documentation.
- One can also serve as a social worker, medical health expert, environmental expert, and rehabilitation worker in NGOs and government firms.
- NGOs and International organisations such as World Bank, Asian Development Bank (ADB), United Nations Organizations (UNO), Red Cross, UNESCO offer various opportunities for professionally trained disaster management professionals.
- Business continuity management
- Disaster Management
- Disaster preparedness
- Disaster Response and disaster management
- Introduction to Development
- Introduction to natural and man-made disasters
- Management of urban disasters
- Organisational Structure for Disaster Management
- Rehabilitation, reconstruction and recovery
- Research methods
- Risk Assessment and vulnerability analysis
- Role of Union/States Role of Armed Forces/Other Agencies in Disasters
- Adventist Development and Relief Agency ...
- Coastal Area Disaster Mitigation Efforts...
- Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Disaster Management Organizatio...
- State Institute of Disaster Management
- The International Committee of the Red C...
- The International Federation of Red Cros...