|15 Sep, 2020||Form Submission| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time three/six-year Doctoral program and it is offered by JC Bose University of Science and Technology, YMCA, Faridabad. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- The eligible applicants will have to qualify for the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET). An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. However, for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers)/differently abled category, the qualifying marks are 45% as per the UGC amendment dated 27th August 2018. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of the research methodology and 50%.
- The applicants who have qualified and valid GATE/UGC/NET/CSIR (JRF)/SLET/ passed regular M.Phil Programme in the related discipline are exempted from the entrance.
- The successful applicants i.e. eligible applicants, who will qualify the entrance Test or otherwise exempted shall be tested by the DRC through seminar/ presentation/ interview.
- A candidate for admission to the course of the Ph.D. program shall have a masters degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale where ever grading system is followed or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved/recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statuary authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of an educational institution. The equivalence of the degree will be decided by the Board of Studies (BOS) in the University.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. program.
- The candidates who appeared in regular master’s level examination in the current session may also appear in the entrance test. But they must submit the proof of having passed the examination on the predesignated date before admission to the Pre-Ph.D. course.
- The state reservation policy shall be followed in Ph.D. Admission.
- A candidate provisionally registered for Ph.D. shall be required to attend classes for one semester for a Pre-Ph.D. course.