- Class overview - who these courses are for
- Course overview- introduction to Trading with Machine Learning on Google Cloud
- What are AI and ML? What is the difference between AI and ML?
- Brief history of ML in quantitative finance
- What is ML?
- Applications of ML in the real world
- Game: The importance of good data
- What are AI platform notebooks
- Why Google?
- Why Google Cloud platform?
- What do we want to model? Let's start simple
- Using notebooks
- Benefits of AI platform notebooks
- Demo: Building a model with BigQuery ML
- How to use Qwiklabs for your labs
- Lab intro: building a regression model
- Lab walkthrough: building a regression model
- Trading vs investing
- Exchange and statistical arbitrage
- Quant strategies
- Quant trading advantages and disadvantages
- The Quant universe
- Statistical arbitrage opportunities and challenges
- Index arbitrage
- Introduction to backtesting
- Backtesting design
- New York Institute of Finance, New York
- Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning and Google Cloud Platform
Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP
Get introduced to the trading concepts and their structures by pursuing the certification of Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP by Coursera.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP online course is an intermediate level of course. Students can look up the programme on the official website of Coursera. In this programme, students will learn about trading, its features, trends, and aspects related to trading. The course will discuss the different quantitative strategies that are considered for trading and trading structure.
The course also talks about Google cloud and machine learning aspects in the programme. The course is a free programme that does not require any admission fee or registration charges and allows the candidates to enjoy the learning experience at their own speed. The Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP certification syllabus of the program is categorized on a weekly basis and demands four weeks for the program.
Students are free to set their schedules according to their willingness and the entire program can be completed in 9 hours. Through the assignments and exercises, the students are able to understand every concept properly. At the end of the Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP certification course, students can also complete the procedure of getting a certificate if they want to be a certified user of the program.
- Intermediate level program
- Divided into 4 weeks
- Offered by Coursera
- Free of cost program
- 9 hours of learning
- Certificate can be achieved
- Online learning experience
- Flexible study schedule
- Video lectures
- Practice exercise
- Discussion forum
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Students do not have to make any payment for the course in case they want to go for the audit mode of the program.
- For the participants who want to acquire a certificate at the end of the course, they need to pay Rs. 3583 as Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP fee.
Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP Fees details
Amount in Rupees
Rs. 3,583 per month
certificate providing authority
Students need to have a basic understanding of python programming, SQL, machine learning concepts such as Pandas, stats models, sci-kit learn, and concepts of financial markets such as equity, hedging, bonds, market structure, derivatives to pursue the program.
Certification Qualifying Details
Aspiring participants can take the subscription of the program that includes the certification of the course by paying the certification fee
What you will learn
In the Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP certification, students will be taught the following points-
- Students will gain information regarding the basics of trading which includes trends, volatility, stop loss, returns, etc. in the program.
- Learners will acquire knowledge about different types of arbitrage and their process.
- Students will gain valuable insights into the time series terminology in the Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP training.
- Participants will come to know about the different structures and quantitative strategies of trading.
- Candidates will gain an understanding of the applications of machine learning for financial uses.
- Students will be able to understand the difference between forecasting and regression.
- Candidates will be able to know about underfitting and overfitting in the Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP.
- Students will come to know about the sensitivity of trading strategy in the course.
Students will have to follow the given steps to get enrolled into the Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP programme-
Step 1- Candidates must go on the official website via the link -https://www.coursera.org/learn/introduction-trading-machine-learning-gcp
Step 2- Students need to create an account or log in to the account on Coursera.
Step 3- After the login process, students can enrol for the course by clicking on the Enrol for free option.
Step 4- After the enrolment, students can enter into the course.
Step 5- Students can click on the Go to course option to be able to access the lessons of the programme.
Introduction to trading with machine learning in google cloud
Supervised learning with big query ML
- What is forecasting? part 1
- What is forecasting? - part 2
- Choosing the right model and BQML - part 1
- Choosing the right model and BQML - part 2
- Lab intro: forecasting stock prices using regression in BQML
- Lab walkthrough: forecasting stock prices using regression in BQML
Time series and ARIMA modeling
- What is a time series?
- AR - Autoregressive
- MA - Moving average
- How to choose ARIMA parameters for your trading model
- ARIMA compared to linear regression
- The complete ARIMA model
- How can you get a variety of models from just a single series?
- Sensitivity of trading strategy
- Time series terminology: autocorrelation
- Lab intro: forecasting stock prices using ARIMA
- Lab walkthrough: forecasting stock prices using ARIMA
Introduction to neural networks and deep learning
- Short history of ML: Neural Networks
- Short history of ML: modern neural networks
- Validation and training data splits
- Overfitting and underfitting
- Course recap + preview of next course
Students who cannot afford the program can apply for the scholarship available for the course. Students can select the financial aid option given beside the enrolment option.
How it helps
The participants who want to pursue the programme can enrol for the course without the submission of any payment. Students will be able to learn about the concepts of machine learning and trading in the programme. Students can take up the course in case they want to understand the dynamics of the trading market.
The Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP certification benefits the individuals who want to pursue the course at a higher-level programme. Students can also learn from the course in case they need help in the concepts of any mentioned topic with their presentations in academic life as well as their professional life. The certificate achieved through the Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP online course can be attached to the CV or resume as an achievement and will help the participant in the interview process in case the recruiters are looking for any specialized skill.
It will create a good impression on the recruiter and increase the chances of getting hired. The certification carries significant weight with itself and can be shared on different social platforms like LinkedIn that can also speed up the process of job hunting. Individuals who are already employed can ask for a salary raise or an increment in their organisation or look for a job change for professional growth in better companies by pursuing the Introduction to Trading, Machine Learning & GCP certification course.
The course can be joined at any time since it is an open course.
Students will be able to find the course on the website of Coursera.
Participants can click on the financial aid tab and follow the instructions given on the page.
Students can only get the certificate if they take the subscription and complete the whole program.
Yes, the certificates are verified by the provider of the course.
Yes, students can create an account on Coursera using their Gmail or Facebook details.
The official website link of Coursera is- https://www.coursera.org/learn/introduction-trading-machine-learning-gcp
Students will get familiar with the concepts of trading, market structures and strategies, machine learning, Google cloud, regression, forecasting, etc. in the program.
Google via Coursera
Google via Coursera
Georgia Tech via Udacity
Georgia Tech via Udacity
Polytechnic University of Milan, Milan via Coursera
IBM via Coursera
IBM via Coursera
New York Institute of Finance, New York via Coursera
Amazon Web Services via Edx
Courses of your interest
More Courses by New York Institute of Finance, New York
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.