- Cybersecurity landscape and history
- Well-known cyber security events
- Cyber threats: definition and types
Cyber Security Basics A Hands on Approach
Behave like a security expert by understanding the basics of cyber security by pursuing the Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach by edX.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 5-7 Hours Per Week
Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach by edX imparts intelligence to all its learners in the fundamental concepts of cybersecurity which include reverse engineering, intrusion detection system, penetration testing, XSS, malware, cyber warfare, cyber-crime, advanced persistent threats, types of malware, computer forensics, security information and event management system.
Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach certification helps the candidates to understand common web vulnerabilities. The candidate will understand about various cyber defence mechanisms through Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach programme. The course also covers concepts like disassembling, decompiling and reverse engineering. The participants will also gain knowledge about the fundamental concepts of computer forensics through this Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach online course.
The certification course offers verified and shareable certificates to all the successful verified track candidates. The certificate adds immense value to the resume and CV of the learner. Shareable options in certificate boost the job opportunities of the candidate. Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach training is a self-paced programme and the sessions can be attempted via online mode.
- Online program
- Self-paced course
- 6 weeks course duration
- The program offered by the UC3Mx institution
- Intermediate level course
- Requires weekly effort of 5 to 7 hours
- Verified and shareable certificate by edX
- Video sessions
- Graded assignments
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The user can attempt the audit track of online course free of cost
- The user must pay a fee of Rs.7,346 to pursue the verified track of the online course
Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach training Fees Details
Note: The candidates can apply coupons that are provided on the website to make a further reduction in the total fee amount.
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The following candidates are recommended to attempt the Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach training program which is offered by edX.
- All candidates who wish to improve their skills in cybersecurity
- The candidates from Iran, Crimea, and Cuba cannot attend this program
The participants must have basic knowledge in operating systems and computer networks as prerequisites to join this Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach course. Knowledge in computer security is not required to join the course by edX.
Certification Qualifying Details
The participants who are pursuing the verified track of the certified program are awarded the verified and shareable certificate on successful completion of Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach certification with pass marks in assignments. The candidate must score more than 60% marks to pass.
What you will learn
Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach certification course helps the candidates to improve knowledge in the following concepts
- The candidate will learn about cybersecurity and its history by Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach certification
- They will also understand the well-known events in cybersecurity
- The learner will gain knowledge about the fundamental concepts of computer forensics
- The candidate will learn various assembly programming languages
- They will understand concepts like disassembling and decompiling
- The participant would understand about cyber defense and intrusion detection system
- This program also gives a brief knowledge about the firewalls to the candidates
- The candidate will learn about the Security information and event management system
- The participant will also learn the definition of advanced persistent threats
- Candidates will understand the main concepts in reverse engineering through this Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach online course.
The participants can follow the steps which are mentioned below to register for the Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach training programme.
Step 1: The candidate must visit the website https://www.edx.org/course/cyber-security-basics-a-hands-on-approach
Step 2: It is essential for candidates to have an account in edx. The registered email address will enable candidates to register for Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach benefits. They can do so via Google or Facebook.
Step 3: After successful creation of the account, the candidate must log in and search for the needed course.
Step 4: Then, they should click “Enrol” to get admission to the audit track of the online programme.
Step 5: If the candidates need verified certificate from edX, they can upgrade to verified track by clicking “Upgrade now”
Step 6: The candidate must enter the details and proceed payment. They can also add coupons while payment.
Step 7: When the payment is verified, the candidate can pursue the verified track of the course
Cyber security an overview
- Description of forensic report writing
- Common forensic traces
- Practical case
- Basic concepts of computer forensics
Assembly programming: towards reversing
- Disassembling in an x86 architecture
- Decompiling and disassembling
- Definition of reverse engineering and the necessity of assembly programming
- Computer memory description
- Definition and introduction to security information and event management (SIEM) system
- Definition and introduction to intrusion detection systems (IDSs)
- Definition and introduction
- Definition and introduction to cyber defense
Malware and Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs)
- Definition of advanced persistent threat (APT)
- Definition of malware and types
Vulnerabilities and exposures (part 1)
- Introduction to common network vulnerabilities
- Definition of common vulnerabilities and exposures
- Introduction to common software vulnerabilities
Vulnerabilities and exposures (part 2)
- Pen testing with Metasploit
- Introduction to common web vulnerabilities
Financial aid is provided to the users who are submitting the financial assistance application. Up to 90% concession in the total fee amount is provided for the selected candidates. The scholarship obtained for one course can’t be transferred to another course. The user shall refer to the website for more detail.
How it helps
The online course which is provided by edX helps the learners to improve their skills and knowledge in the cybersecurity domain. The course syllabus will also help the participants to learn about various cyber defence mechanisms. This online course provides a great opportunity for candidates to gain skills in computer security. This programme provides theoretical as well as practical knowledge to the participant in cybersecurity concepts.
The participants will be able to protect their system and email from hackers by completing this programme. The certificate which is offered at the end of the Cybersecurity Basics: A Hands-on Approach programme stands as a proof for the candidate’s skills in cyber security. The course provided by edX on successful completion adds value to the CV and resume of the participant and provides better career opportunities. The certificate can also be shared on LinkedIn.
As this programme is self-paced, the candidate can learn in their free time. It adds more flexibility to Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach syllabus. As the certificate is verified by the institute and signed by the mentor, it has more value in the market. The scholarship is also provided to the candidates who are financially weak. The course benefits the participants to gain practical skills in cybersecurity and boosts their employment opportunities.
Yes, financial aid is provided to selected learners who fill the financial assistance application. Nearly 90% concession is provided in the total fee amount for those learners.
The candidate must spend at least 5 to 7 hours on the platform to gain better knowledge of cybersecurity concepts. The overall duration of this program is just 6 weeks.
The candidate must obtain more than 60% marks in the assessments to pass Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach program. They should also upgrade their program to a verified track to receive the certificate.
All learners who are really interested to know about the basic concepts of cybersecurity can attend courses. Unfortunately, the learners from Iran, Crimea, and Cuba can’t attend this program.
The participant can track their progress on the progress page. A graph is plotted to represent the progress of the participant.
Yes, the learners can download the videos from the website and refer them at any time. The videos can be downloaded using the links. Video transcripts can also be downloaded.
No, the candidate cannot reattempt the tests. Only one attempt is provided to all candidates to attempt the weekly tests. If there is a problem in question, the candidate will be allowed to submit that question again.
The learner can post their questions via a discussion forum. The learners must respect other learner’s comments and opinions in the forum.
The audit tracks can be taken free of cost. The candidate won’t be charged and they will not receive a certificate on course completion.
Georgia Tech via Udacity
Georgia Tech via Udacity
EC-Council via Infosec Train
EIT via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by UC3M
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.