Gupta College of Technological Sciences (GCTS), Asansol was established in the year 2000. GCTS is approved and recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and University Grants Commission (UGC) respectively. The Institute offers undergraduate (B.Pharmacy) and postgraduate (M.Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology). GCTS is affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), Kolkata.
Gupta College of Technological Sciences is located at Ashram More, GT Rd, Asansol, West Bengal. Asansol Junction is around 2 km away and will take only 5 minutes to reach the Institute. Burnpur Airport is around 9.3 km away from the College. Students can take a bus or a cab to reach GCTS.
Accreditations and Collaborations: NA
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Service Scheme (NSS): NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
Exams and Cutoffs
Gupta College of Technological Sciences, Asansol offers B.Pharma and M.Pharma courses. The detailed admission process is given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Pharma):
- Candidates should qualify West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) and 10+2 examination.
- Eligible candidates should fill an application form based on their WBJEE scores for admission to the College.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of the rank secured in WBJEE examination.
- For direct admission to second year, candidates should qualify West Bengal Joint Entrance Lateral Entry Test (JELET).
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Pharma):
- Candidates should fill an application form for the entrance test conducted by the Institution.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for an entrance test that includes written test followed by a viva voce.
- Final admission will be based on the performance in entrance test.
Gupta College of Technological Sciences offers varied infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as library with a collection of books and journals, hostels, sports, laboratories, guest house, etc. Other facilities like commercial animal house, recreation hall for cultural activities, medical plants, Wi-Fi, etc are also available for the students and faculty.
- Hostel: The Institute has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Wi-Fi and LAN facilities are also provided to the hostel students.
- Library: The Library has a mixed collection of both print and electronic format, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Laboratory: The Institute has laboratories for the students so that they can have practical knowledge of what they learn.
- Guest House: Guest House is available at the College premises for the guests visiting the campus for lectures, meetings, or conferences.
- Sports: GCTS provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities like badminton, table tennis, football, swimming pool, lawn tennis, etc.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: