- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
Master of Social Work ( MSW ) is a full-time two-year postgraduate course offered by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
Social Work at Kumaraguru College of Liberal Arts and Science (KCLAS) prepares students to be dynamic leaders in social administration and to be the change agents in the community. This program provides the learner multiple opportunities to understand the challenges and contributions for a professional social work practice
Community Development: This specialization prepares students for advanced organizational development and community practice in the urban, rural and tribal communities. Conceptually grounded in the social determinants of human rights framework, this specialization emphasizes a macro approach to advancing social justice. It prepares students to build communities that are physically, socially, economically and environmentally healthy. Students will gain the skills required to address structural inequities through organizational leadership, community practice, advocacy and policy reform.
- Selection for the programme will be based on the performance in class XII, UG, Online Assessment and Personal Interview.
- Students applying to Master of Social Work can parallelly start a NGO.
- A candidate who has passed any Undergraduate degree examination with 55 % aggregate marks from any recognised University in India or abroad recognised by UGC / AIU are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are in the final year of their studies should have secured 50% or above aggregate in all the Semesters/ Years of Undergraduate Examinations conducted so far. Students appearing for their final degree examinations in March – May 2020 are also eligible to apply.