- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- The candidates should have passed a two-year PG degree course after 3-year Bachelor’s degree course and Higher Secondary course of 2-year duration after 10-year SSLC (10+2+3+2) or one year Pre-degree after 11-year SSLC (11+1+3+2) or 10-year SSLC plus 3-year Diploma plus two year UG degree and two year PG (10+3+2+2) or four year UG degree and one year masters degree (10+2+4+1).
- All teachers working in colleges affiliated to Bharathiar University are eligible. Candidates working as guest lecturers on consolidated pay are also eligible to pursue M.Phil. (Part-time)the programme provided they produce a NOC and service certificate from their respective colleges.
- C. need not be insisted for admission to part-time M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes.
- A candidate having a minimum 55% (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates in the minimum eligibility) marks in the qualifying examinations, teacher in Department of the University or an affiliated College of this University / Higher Secondary School / High School / Middle School/Polytechnics within Tamilnadu, recognized/approved by the Government. Subjects like Engineering, Medicine, Law and Agriculture are not eligible to register under Bharathiar University.
- Professionals within Tamilnadu with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their professional qualification are eligible for Part-time Ph.D. registration. The guides may be from the Departments of Commerce, Management Studies, Economics or concerned subjects.
- Assistants / Project Fellows / Research associates / appointed in the research projects funded by recognized agencies /Government/industries are also eligible to register for Ph.D. at University Departments, Affiliated Colleges, Research Institutions, or R & D Centres / Laboratories. Any Chartered Accountant/Cost Accountant/Company Secretary and other the part-time candidates belonging to any one of the following categories working as Scientist / Research fellows / Research assistants / Technical assistants / Project.
- For candidates other than a teacher, any permanent staff in a Government Office/Private or Public Ltd., Company/a recognized factory/institution/research institution / Educational Institution / business / within Tamilnadu with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% of marks (staff includes Board of Directors, Proprietor and Partner) are eligible for part-time Ph.D. registration in the relevant discipline.