BIM Trichy Highlights
About BIM Trichy
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirapalli was established in the year 1984. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC). BIM offers postgraduate (MBA) courses in the field of management. The institute is affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli.
BIM is located at BHEL Complex, MHD Campus, BHEL Trichy Main Office Road, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu. Tiruverumbur Railway Station is 7.3 km away and Bhel Bus Stop is 3.8 km away from the college. Tiruchirappalli International Airport is 13.6 km away and it will take around 25 minutes to reach the institute. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli. The institute is well connected with all modes of transportation.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- BIM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programmes (ACBSP).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- FinClub - Finance Club: This is a Finance Club of BIM that provides a quality learning experience in the world of finance by organising various interactive events.
- Economistique: This group provides knowledge to the students about the economic news and related matters. It helps to increase the knowledge of the students in the field of economics.
- Bim Spirited: This club is for the students who are interested in participating in various social activities such as blood donation camps, planting trees, helping the underprivilege students, etc.
- Bismarc - Marketing Club: This is a marketing Club that helps the marketing and sales enthusiasts to increase their skills by providing them with insightful knowledge sessions, events and hands-on training.
- Optima Club - Operations Club: Through practical work and use case studies, this club enhances the management skills of the students.
- Catalyst: The members of this club are responsible to take care of the IT infrastructure. It also ensures good internet connectivity inside the laboratories.
- Star Gazers: This club is for the students who are interested in astronomy. It creates an atmosphere for fostering and nurturing the interest of the students regarding astronomy and astrophysics in order to develop a celestial passion amongst them.
- Zetetica - Human Resource Club: This is the HR club that handles the HR issues and provides a platform where students can interact and initiate conversations with HR experts to explore and challenge the current practices in the dynamic field of Human Resource Management.
- BIM Discussions: This Club helps students to improve their communication skills with activities like debate, lectures, group discussions, etc.
- Chiaroscuro: This is the official movie club of the institute that organises various movie screenings for the students.
- Sports Committee: This Committee encourages students to participate in different sports and tournaments organised across various national and international levels.
- Kalaicom - Cultural Committee: This committee is for the students who are interested in various cultural activities such as dance, drama, music, painting, arts, etc.
BIM Trichy Courses & Fees
BIM Trichy Exams and Cutoffs
BIM Trichy Admissions 2021
Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli Admission Process:
Various postgraduate courses are offered by the Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli in the field of management. Admission to the course will be done on the basis of the Common Admission Test. Further, the eligible candidates have to appear in the group discussion and personal interview conducted by the BIM. Students can check the detailed admission process further in the article:
For Postgraduate Courses:
- Aspirants should qualify the Common Admission Test (CAT).
- On the basis of the marks scored in the CAT examination, applicants should fill an application form on the website of BIM.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the Group Discussion (GD) followed by a Personal Interview (PI) conducted by the institute.
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of the combined performance in the entrance examination, GD, PI.
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
BIM Trichy Placements
Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)
BIM Trichy Facilities
Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli provides varied infrastructural facilities to the students and faculty such as laboratories to give practical knowledge to the students, library with a rich collection of books, computing facilities, canteen to serve food to the students, indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Various other facilities like wi-fi, etc are also available for them.
- Laboratories: BIM has laboratories for the students in order to apply their insight and gain exposure. These laboratories are well well outfitted with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is an ideal spot for book lovers.
- Computing Facilities: BIM provides computing facilities to the students and staff. The IT members ensure that the PCs are well connected with the internet.
- Canteen: The institution has a canteen that provides healthy and hygienic food to the students and staff at a subsidised rate.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
BIM Trichy Student Reviews
Return On investment
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
Experience is good.
Education and Values
Last Seen: 30 Aug' 16
Joined On: 20 May' 14
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
Life at BIM
Last Seen: 26 Aug' 16
Joined On: 26 Aug' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
Questions related to BIM Trichy
Bim trichy or Nirma please suggest
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalli is an offshoot of the University of Madras. The Bharathidasan University offers over 250 courses to over 1.5 lakh students, both directly and through its affiliated colleges. Ranked 53 rd in the MHRD NIRF Ranking 2019 among top 100 management institutes in India, Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalli is one of the premier Indian B-schools. The institution brags placements with average salary of INR 10 Lakhs per annum, the highest being INR 17 Lakhs per annum. Companies from all sectors Manufacturing, Consulting, BFSI, FMCG, IT&ITes regularly recruit students from BIM Trichy. Top recruiters include 3M, ANZ Bank, AQ, Arcesium, Asian Paints, Axis Bank, Coffee Day, Ernst & Young, Godrej & Boyce, HDFC Bank, HDFC Life, Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Infosys, SBI Capital Markets, Sulekha.
NIRMA Institute of Management happens to be a research-oriented centre for higher education in Ahmedabad. The university has been accredited with Grade ‘A’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Nirma University has been ranked among the top 10 private multi-disciplinary universities in India by India Today magazine in 2019. Ranked 40th in the MHRD NIRF Ranking in 2019 among top 100 management institutions in India, Nirma University brags 100% placement with recruiters being Ashok Leyland, Axis Bank, Bajaj Auto, CITI Bank, Deutsche Bank, HDFC Bank, Hyundai, ICICI, Indian Oil, Maruti Suzuki, State Bank Of India and TATA Motors. The average salary stands at INR 8.7 Lakhs per annum whereas the maximum salary package offered till date was INR 19.1 Lakhs per annum.
From the aforementioned details, NIRMA University seems to take the edge when it comes to ranking but as per previous years reviews and trends, BIM Trichy is acclaimed to have a better value for money anfe better placements facilities.
Hope this helps you. We wish you the best for your future endeavours!
I have CAT score of 84.65, VARC 67 DI/LR 90 and 10th/12th 75% and 62% in graduation, OBC category, Can anyone let me know which colleges should I fill like KJSOM, TAPMI, BIM Trichy?
You should also check out these colleges with your CAT percentile
- GIM Goa
- LBSIM Delhi
- BIMTECH Noida
- XIME Bangalore
- FMS BHU
- XISS Ranchi
- IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad campuses
- IMI Bhubaneshwar and others.
They are also good colleges in terms of academics and placements and have an equally good reputation in industry.
what is bim for civil Engineering students.
BIM or Building Information Modelling is a process involving the generation and management of digital representations of physical and functional characteristics of a facility.
3 essential elements of BIM Software are-
- 3 dimensional solid model
- Model based(parametric)
- AEC (Building) specific
BIM is model based technology linked with a database of project information i.e. it relies on database technology as the foundation.
Application of BIM are-
- Construction- Steel Fabrication
- Model Checking
- Lighting Analysis
- Air Flow Analysis
- Emergency Response
- Space Management
- Facility Management Portals
I hope it helps and best
cut off of cat for this college??
Dear Priyanka, you haven't mentioned your Category. Neverthless, an estimated cut off for each Category for each section is as follows:
QA DLR VARC Overall
General Category 70 70 70 80
OBC-NCL 65 65 65 75
SC 60 60 60 70
ST 50 50 50 50
PWD 50 50 50 50
As mentioned, this is just an estimated cut off. Please aim for atleast 5-10% more against your Category.
Which one to opt among BIM Trichy and BITS Pilani for an experienced candidate (>40 months)?
BIM Trichy: According to the last year placement records, the highest package offered was Rs 15 lakhs, average package offered was Rs 10 lakhs, minimum package offered was Rs 6.50 lakhs, median package was Rs 8.50 lakhs.
Recruiters: Accenture, Bajaj Allianz, Ashok Leyland, Deloitte, Genpact, Federal Bank, Infosys, TCS, Wipro, World Bank & IMF etc.
Course, Fees Structure & Seats: The institute provides specialization in Marketing, Finance, Operations, IT/Systems/Analytics, Human Resource Management, Strategy, Entrepreneurship & Management. The total fees for the course is Rs 13.65 lakhs and the total seats are 120.
BITS Pilani: According to the placement records of 2018, the highest package offered was Rs 17.35 lakhs, the average package offered was Rs 10 lakhs and the median package was Rs 9 lakhs.
Recruiters: KPMG, Cognizant, Accenture, Saint Gobain, Ashok Leyland, Bosch, Toyota, Siemens, Tata, Taj, Zomato etc.
Course, Fees Structure: The institute provides specialization in Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, IT enabled Services Management & Others. The total fees for the course is 8.36 lakhs
Therefore, BITS Pilani is better in terms of ROI, placements.
BIM Trichy Gallery
BIM Trichy Notable Alumni
BIM Trichy Related Articles
Apart from long tedious lectures, seminars and assignments BIM has a diffe....
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM) is has extended the last date....
BIM Trichy Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: