- Individual and collective responsibility
- The concept of responsible innovation
- Trolley problem: an engineer's perspective
- Readings for this week
- The problem of the many hands: who is responsible?
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 4-6 Hours Per Week
The students in this program will be dealing with the questions related to ethics and risks in the genre of developing new technologies. The course has been divided into three distinctive parts. In the first part, the candidate will be dealing with the ethical questions revolving around the framework of the new evolving technology.
The students in the online certification program on Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology by edX will study the unknown risks and safety measures that are included in the new technologies. And will be conducting numerous quantitative and qualitative assessment methods. For the third part of the course, the applicants will deal with new-design and value-driven processes which will also be accounting for the social concerns while developing new technology. The case studies included in the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology certification syllabus pertaining to - risks and ethical concerns will be given to the students to solve in the course. Discussion on- nuclear energy, coronavirus, robots, etc will also be organized during the session.
- Self-paced learning
- Free registration
- Intermediate level program
- 4-6 hours learning
- 7 weeks course
- Certificate by edX
- Course partnered by TUDelft academy
- Transcripted video
- Case study
- Online learning
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The registration fee for the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology Certification is not required.
- Rs.10,487 is the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology fees that need to be paid by the candidates to avail of the verified certificate in the program.
Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety and Technology fees details
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The candidates who are interested in the said things will gain an edge from the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology certification benefits-
- The candidates who are willing to pursue a verified certificate in technology can enrol in the program.
- The students who are wanting to study the risks involved in the new technologies can apply for a session.
The students need to have experience and analytical skills with entrepreneurship or IT.
Certification Qualification Details
The students have to upgrade their Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology certification course by depositing the said amount to receive the certificate.
What you will learn
In the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety and Technology program the students will learn the following-
- The candidates will be taught about the urgency to incorporate the ethical questions in new technologies by citing various examples.
- The students will be exploring numerous ways to analyze the methods of risk management.
- The participants will also be learning about the reasons behind the accidents to frame policies to avoid future accidents.
- They will be working on the methods of risk assessments so that they can gauge the factors easily.
- The students in the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology Training will study ethics.
- The various types of innovations will be learned by the students when they will study - frugal, niche, and radical.
- The students will also be exploring the various methods and techniques that are involved in success.
- The candidates will be dealing with the unknown risk to face uncertain situations in the future and will be covered under the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology certification syllabus.
- The ways of critically reflecting upon technology will also be learned by the students for framing policies.
- The students will understand the concept of Value sensitive design (VSD) in the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety and Technology certification course
Filling the form
The Candidates have to follow the steps in Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology certification for registering-
Step 1: The students have to follow the URL- https://www.edx.org/course/responsible-innovation-ethics-safety-and-technolog
Step 2: The “Full Name” as per the certificate has to be mentioned by the students.
Step 3: All the enrolling candidates have to mention a “username” in the form of completing the registration.
Step 4: For the next step the students have to mention the mail address in the form.
Step 5: The course terms and policy along with clauses have been provided to which the students need to give their consent.
Step 6: The students now have to complete the process by completing the submission by paying the fees.
Responsible innovation and applied ethics
Moral dillema's - emotions - institutions and values
- Overview of readings for this week
- The dilemma of moral overload
- Emotions, values, and decision-making
- Case study: responsible robotics
- Institutions and values
Understanding and identifying risk
- Case study: nuclear energy
- Technology assessment and responsible innovation
- Managing uncertainty and ignorance
- Case study artificial intelligence.
Risk analysis and safety engineering
- Managing risks: balancing risks and safety
- Readings for the week
- Managing risks: cost-benefit analysis
- Case study: self-driving vehicles
- Advanced quantitative risk assessment
How innovations come about
- Determinants of innovation
- Incremental and radical innovation
- Case study: frugal innovation
- Case study: Coolants
Designing for values
- Introduction to designing for values
- Case study: autonomous weapons, who pulls the trigger?
- Applying to design for values
The students facing financial crutches will be provided with a 90% discount on the course.
How it helps
The students who are looking to start a career in the stream of “engineering” by studying in detail the methods of responsible innovation will gain Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology certification benefits. To provide the applicants with an experience of comprehensive learning the edX institute and TUDelft Academy have partnered to provide a detailed curriculum of “responsible innovation” to all the aspiring students.
The Online Certification Course on Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology online course will acknowledge the students' effort by a certificate that will have global acceptance. For procuring higher and better opportunities all the students who are looking for a freshers role can share the instructor signed certificate on any of their media pages. By this, they will easily catch hold of the noise of the placement officials.
The professionals who are already a part of this industry will further get a boost in their profession when they will be getting job offers with better salaries. The Certificate Course has been formulated as introductory for all applicants. Throughout the course, emphasis will be given to case studies so that the students get a real-world understanding of the risk involved in the new developing technologies and solve the policy frameworks.
The program has been organized by the Institute of edX for the said period of six weeks without any break.
The students can procure the details about the applicants in the brochure and they can also call the manager for assistance in the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety and Technology Training
The students will get scholarships only if they are facing any sort of financial crisis. They need to submit documents to prove so.
The course does not have any prescribed parameters for the students to apply for the ongoing session.
The students can access the class schedule of the course from the brochure.
The students can easily pursue the audit track of the program if they deposit the required amount.
The faculty of the TUDelft academy will be conducting the lectures for the applicants on the online platform.
The last date for the application will shortly be released on the website. As of now, the registration is going on.
In the Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety, and Technology program the classes will be held online.
Yes, even after the end of the course the students will get to access the lectures along with the program guides.
ISAE-SUPAERO via Coursera
Georgia Tech via Coursera
ASU via Coursera
Autodesk via Coursera
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver via Edx
Ural Federal University via Edx
MIT Cambridge via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
SDG Academy via Edx