National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal

M.Tech Power and Energy Systems National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal

Also known as: NIT Surathkal

Quick Facts

Total Fees
1.75 Lakhs
Exam
GATE
Online GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - Advertisement
09 Jul, 2020 (Tentative)
Seats
27

Fees Details

General:
1.75 Lakhs
Scheduled Caste:
34.78 K
Scheduled Tribe:
34.78 K
Disclaimer: Data for total fees has been calculated based on all years/semesters as provided by the college. The actual fees may vary.

Important Dates

For all Exams Accepted by this Course
Dates Events
09 Jul, 2020 (Tentative) GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - Advertisement | Mode: Online
31 Aug, 2020 - 28 Sep, 2020 (Tentative) GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - Application | Mode: Online
03 Jan, 2021 (Tentative) GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - Admit Card | Mode: Online
06 Feb, 2021 - 07 Feb, 2021 GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - Exam | Mode: Online
13 Feb, 2021 - 14 Feb, 2021 (Tentative) GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - Exam | Mode: Online
13 Mar, 2021 (Tentative) GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - Result | Mode: Online
19 Mar, 2021 (Tentative) GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - Score Card | Mode: Online
26 Apr, 2019 Form Submission| Mode: online
08 Apr, 2019 Form Availablity| Mode: online

Course Details

  • Mode: Full time
  • Duration: 2 Years

Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Power and Energy Systems is a two-year (4 Semesters) full-time postgraduate program under the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering offered at National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal.

Want to know more about this course? Download Brochure

Admission Process

Common Admission for M.Tech Fulltime Program (for scholarship seats) by NIT Surat: Admission for GATE qualified candidates will be done through  CCMT coordinated by NIT Surat. The seats are allotted based on the GATE  score.

Admission for M.Tech (Non-scholarship), M.Tech (Sponsored seats), M.Tech (Research): The admission for M.Tech (Non-scholarship), M.Tech (Sponsored Seats), M.Tech (Research) is done by NITK Surathkal. 

M.Tech. (Non-Scholarship): The non-scholarship seats for the M.Tech program are the vacant seats existing in the scholarship category seats.  Selection of candidates for admission will be based on academic performance in the qualifying examination or/and written aptitude test or/and Interview etc as decided by the DPGC of the Concerned Department offering the programme to be advertised in the Institute website later after completion of CCMT.

M.Tech. (Sponsored): Selection of candidates for admission will be based upon academic performance in qualifying examination or/and written aptitude test or/and Interview etc as decided by the DPGC of the Concerned Department offering the programme. The candidates must have a minimum of two years of full-time work experience in the sponsoring organization after completion of a qualifying degree.

M.Tech. (Research): Selection of candidates for admission will be based upon GATE score or in some of the programmes selection will be based on at least 70% weightage to GATE score and the remaining 30% weightage to academic performance in qualifying examination or/and written aptitude test or/and Interview etc as decided by the DPGC of the Concerned Department offering the programme.

Eligibility Criteria

  • For a candidate to be eligible for M.Tech.programme:
  • Must have a valid GATE Score
  • In qualifying degree, the candidates should have passed and secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for OC/OB, whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates.

Applications Open Now

UPES M.Tech Admissions 2020
UPES M.Tech Admissions 2020
Apply
Sharda University - SUAT Admission Test 2020
Sharda University - SUAT Admi...
Apply
ITM Business School
ITM Business School
Apply
Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020
Lovely Professional Universit...
Apply
Alliance School of Business
Alliance School of Business
Apply
Delhi School of Business (VIPS-TC)
Delhi School of Business (VIP...
Apply
Amity University MBA Admissions, Gurugram
Amity University MBA Admissio...
Apply
View All Application Forms
Never miss exam and college updates Login

Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone

Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile

Careers360 App
150M+ Students
24,000+ Colleges
500+ Exams
1500+ E-books