Contrasting Approaches to Equality
Comparative Equality and Anti-Discrimination Law
The programme of Comparative Equality and Anti Discrimination Law provides an excellent opportunity for all the students who are interested in this subject.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 2-6 Hours Per Week
The programme of Comparative Equality and Anti Discrimination Law provides a great chance to all candidates who interested in studying this subject in detail. The programme is offered by the edx platform and is in association with Stanford University. The duration of the programme is 16 weeks. Learners need to invest 2-6 hours each week pursuing this programme. This course is an introductory level course.
The programme is taught by the experienced faculty in digital mode only. The programme offered by the platform of edx is a self paced learning course which gives whole freedom to the candidates. Candidates after enrolling themselves in the programme can achieve certification for this course after paying the fees for the verified certification. Students can also avail this course free of cost. Learners will get hands-on experience which is required for being successful in the field. After completing this programme students will be able to learn about all the fundamental skills and techniques required for working professionally in the field.
- Self paced learning programme
- Digital learning course
- Candidates can avail this course free of cost
- Verified certification available after paying the fee
- In association with Stanford University
- Introductory level course
- Programme duration of 16 weeks
- 2-6 hours each week time investment required
- Easily shareable certificates available
- Discount available
- Online study
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Candidates can audit this course and avail the course content free of cost.
- Candidates can also gain verified certification for this course by paying Rs.5,560.
Fee details for Comparative Equality and Anti Discrimination Law
Amount in Rupees
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
This programme of Comparative Eqality and Anti Discrimination Law is recommeded for the following-
- Candidates who are interested in the subject and want to pursue a full time career in it.
- Aspirants who want to enhance their academic records can study this course.
- Working professionals who want to learn new skills and techniques.
- Professionals who want to start a new career.
Certification Qualifying details
Candidates who are interested in pursuing this programme should complete the course curriculum in online mode only. Students who are interested in achieving certification for this course have to pay the fee according to the guidelines of the platforms and have to complete all the graded assignments.
What you will learn
After completing the course candidates will learn about-
- Candidates will learn about secularism and theories related to it.
- Aspirants may learn about the rights of religious minorities.
- Students through this curriculum can learn about reproductive rights.
- The enrolled candidates can gain information about the hate speech [race, sex, religion]
- Through this curriculum, candidates can gain important insights on marriage equality [race, sexual orientation].
- Students may understand about the affirmative action [race, caste, origin]
- Candidates can learn about gender parity.
- Participants can gain information about employment discrimination.
- Learners will learn about harassment related to employment.
- Students can learn about the theories and sources of equality law.
Students can also follow these guidelines given below for admission-
Step 1: Click on the URL https://www.edx.org/course/comparative-equality-and-anti-discrimination-law-3
Step 2: Candidates will then reach the edx website.
Step 3: At the top of the page click on the option of ‘enrol now’.
Step 4: You will now reach the dashboard.
Step 5: Click on the option of ‘upgrade to verified’.
Step 6: Choose the payment method and pay the fees.
Step 7: You are now enrolled in the programme and will be able to gain verified certification.
Introduction to Comparative Equality Law
Sources of Law and Theories of Equality
- Sources of Law
- Theories of Equality
Employment Descrimination in the United States
- Disparate Treatment in the United States
Employment Descrimination in Europe
- Direct Descrimination in Europe
- Indirect Descrimination in Europe
- Enforcement in Europe
Global Employment Descrimination
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- Argentina and Columbia
- Mexico and Brazil
- Kenya and South Africa
Employment Descrimination:Harassment and Remedies
- Sexual Harassment
Affirmative Action in the United States
- Affirmative Action
- Higher Education
Affirmative Action in France
- Racial Identity Data and Quotas
- Affirmative Action Programs
Affirmative Action in South Africa, India, Brazil and Columbia
- Affirmative Action Around the World
- US and UK Influence
- British Higher Education
- The Value of Comparison
- Forms of Gender Parity
- Gender Equality Conclusion
- Inter-racial Marriage
- Gay Rights
- Same-Sex Marriage
- Marriage Equality
- Adoption, Surrogacy, Childbirth
Marriage Equality-Interview with Scholar/Activist Robert Wintemute
- Marriage Equality and Adoptions
- Equality and Hate Speech
Religion, the State & Equality: Comparative Secularism and Church/State Relations; Six Models of Church/State Relations
- Religious Minorities and Majorities
- Limitations on Religious Expression
- Closing Questions
Equality and Religion: Discussing the Headscarf law and Burqa Ban
- The Headscarf law and Burqa Ban
- Post-Course Survey
The platform of edx provides financial assistance to all those candidates who want to achieve verified certification but are not able to do so due to their financial conditions. The platform gives a 90 percent discount to all the eligible candidates.
How it helps
The course of Comparative Equality and Anti Discrimination Law offered by the platform of edx provides a great learning opportunity for all the candidates who want to pursue this subject professionally and academically. The platform of edx has collaborated with Stanford University for this particular programme. Faculty who is teaching this course to the participants belongs to Stanford University. The programme offered here provides theoretical as well as practical knowledge to the candidates through the course curriculum.
The framework for the course is designed by experts. Through this curriculum, learners will have professional and academic development. Candidates will receive certification for this course after paying the fees to the platform. Verified certification is achieved after completing the course and the certification is easily shareable on platforms like Linkedin, CVs, resumes or academic records. All in all this course is highly beneficial for those candidates who want to pursue the full time career in this area, working professionals who want to explore different scenarios and students who want to work for their academic records. Participants will learn about the skills and techniques related to the subject. Learners can expect an increase in their career graph after completing this course. Students can share their doubts, learnings from the programme, experience and can interact as well as help their fellows through the discussion forums organised by the edx platform.
Candidates need to invest 16 weeks for completing this course curriculum.
All the modules and course content is designed in such a way that everyone can study through it without any stress or hassle.
Aspirants should have a personal laptop with a stable internet connection.
The textbook is not required for this programme. In case the candidate needs the book he/she can buy Comparative Equality and Anti Discriminatory Law third edition which is available at a discount from the publisher.
Candidates who have received certification from the edx platform have shared them on Linkedin, academic records and for jobs as well as placements. Therefore all the certificates are highly valued in industries and companies.
The platform of edx supports chrome, firefox, Microsoft internet explorer, Microsoft edge and safari as well.
In case the candidates have forgotten their password they can recover their content by receiving activation links on their emails.
Participants can start by choosing the option of auditing the course and can pay the fees later for verified certification if they are interested to do so.
Candidates can always retake a course by enrolling them freshly and paying the fees for each fresh enrollments if they want to achieve certification.
Candidates can work at their own pace till the last date without worrying about deadlines.
University of London, London via Coursera
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
KU Leuven, Leuven via Edx
Penn via Coursera
Amnesty International via Edx
University of Naples Federico II via Edx
University of Baltimore, Baltimore via Edx
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx