- MK-II BoosterPack
- Keil compiler and debugger
- Perform timing profiles of the software system
Real Time Bluetooth Networks Shape the World
Join the project-based Real-Time Bluetooth Networks program and learn to build a Bluetooth network and the basics of a real-time operating system (RTOS).
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 8-10 Hours Per Week
Embedded systems are more of a necessity than a choice in our technologically-driven world. This lays the ground for an increasing need for engineers who can understand the domain of embedded systems. Through edX’s Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World programme, you will learn to develop an RTOS or real-time operating system.
The Real-Time Bluetooth Networks online course is a project-based programme that will impart hands-on training. It is an offering of The University of Texas at Austin and will help you develop a personal fitness device with BLE or Bluetooth connectivity. Additionally, the course curriculum dives into RTOS’s fundamentals. Although it is a free-to-enrol course, you need to buy a lab kit for the programme.
The lab kit consists of resources that will allow you to comprehend the programme teachings even if you do not possess a prior experience in I/O device driver software and circuits. It comprises a Bluetooth module and a microcontroller board as well. This intermediate-level Real-Time Bluetooth Networks training has a duration of seven weeks.
- Project-based learning
- Online training
- Self-directed program
- Intermediate-level course
- Seven weeks of training
- Hands-on experience
- Paid and verified course certificate
- Purchasable lab kit
- Offered by The University of Texas at Austin
- Learned academicians as course instructors
- Video lectures
- Hands-on experience
- Online program with self-directed modules
- Comprehensive course curriculum
- Project-based learning
- Lab kit
- Instructor-signed course certificate
- Intermediate-level program
- Free program enrollment
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
The Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World online course is a charge-free programme. edX offers the entire course material for free, excluding the programme’s certificate. However, if you wish to acquire the programme completion certificate, you can pay Rs. 14,903.
Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World fee structure
Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World course
Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World course - certificate experience
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World course is designed for students and engineering professionals seeking a career in the domain of embedded systems, Bluetooth networks, operating systems, and related fields.
You must have proficiency in C programming concepts such as loops, arrays, structures, pointers, and functions to qualify for the Real-Time Bluetooth Networks online course. An interest in embedded systems is also desired.
What you will learn
You will be well-versed with the following concepts post completion of the edX Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World course:
- Embedded systems basics
- Modular design fundamentals for creating a personal fitness device
- Designing, developing, and debugging C code
- Bluetooth communication
- Building a real-time operating system or RTOS
- Visit the Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World program homepage by going to https://www.edx.org/course/real-time-bluetooth-networks-shape-the-world.
- Here, you can view the course details.
- Once satisfied with the course content, you need to click on the “Enroll Now” prompt on the course homepage.
- Then, register for the program by providing your email ID. You can also sign up using one of your social media accounts credentials such as Microsoft or Facebook.
Filling the form
edX does not have a lengthy application process for enrolling in the edX Real-Time Bluetooth Networks program. You can simply register with edX or sign in to your edX account (if any) to apply for this course.
Debugging and I/O using the BSP introduction
RTOS for a hand-held video game
- Block semaphores using priority scheduler
- Edge triggered interrupts
Thread scheduling and synchronisation for a personal fitness device
- Thread sleeping
- Timer-based real-time threads
- Block semaphores using first-come, first-serve scheduler
Thread management for a personal fitness device
- Real-time periodic threads
- Multiple threads
- Round-robin scheduler
- Spinlock semaphores
Bluetooth personal area network
- Interacting with devices from a smartphone
File system with the microcontroller’s flash ROM
- Log data onto flash/playback of data
How it helps
By completing the Real-Time Bluetooth Networks training course by edX, you can acquire a course completion certificate. The certificate, along with your hands-on project learnings, will help you bag lucrative career opportunities. Besides, the embedded systems domain is rapidly growing, and naturally, it has numerous job prospects for skilled professionals.
To enrol in the Real-Time Bluetooth Networks - Shape the World online course, you have to just register on edX’s website. You need not fill any full-fledged application form for this course.
No. This course's only mandatory prerequisite is to have proficiency in C programming and its concepts. edX recommends having an interest in embedded systems, but it is not necessary.
edX will provide you with links to the retailers of the lab kit's different constituents such as the LaunchPad and Bluetooth Module. You can have a look at the same at http://edx-org-utaustinx.s3.amazonaws.com/UT601x/RTOSkit.html You are free to assemble and purchase the kit from vendors of your choice, and the provided links are for reference purposes only.
No. The Real-Time Bluetooth Networks program has self-directed learning modules.
The University of Texas at Austin is the course provider of this edX training course.
Georgia Tech via Udacity
Check Point Software Technologies Limited via Edx
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne via Edx