- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Honours in Accountancy is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
Students seeking admission to all courses will be admitted strictly on the basis of Merit only.
- A candidate may be admitted to the three-year BA/BSc/BCom (Honours/General) courses on passing H.S. (10+2) Examination in General Stream conducted by West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or an equivalent examination conducted by other State Board/Council, or Rabindra Mukta Vidyalaya or National Open School recognized by the Distant Learning Council subject to the fulfillment of the conditions mentioned below:
- A candidate shall have to pass in five subjects of full marks not being less than 100 each of which one shall be English. A candidate passing in four subjects shall not be eligible for such admission to the Course. Mark sheets other than WBCHSE should be mentioned ‘PASS’ in remarks.
- Marks obtained in Environmental studies as a compulsory subject at the H.S. (10+2) Examination conducted by the West Bengal Council of H.S. Education or its equivalent examination should not be considered for calculating the aggregate marks in top five subjects for the purpose of admission at the degree course of studies under this University
- Applicants who have passed the last qualifying examination from boards/councils other than WBCHSE, CBSE, ISC, National Open School or Rabindra Mukta Vidyalaya may apply but at the time of admission, they must produce authentication certificates from the boards/institutions concerned in original, failing which admission will be refused.
- A candidate may apply for any number of courses for which he/she is eligible.
- There is provision for admission under sports quota as per norms. The candidates concerned must produce necessary certificates from the competent authorities. For further information, they are advised to contact the college office.
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PH candidates will be guided by the rules and regulations of the competent authorities.
- Candidates who have passed the last qualifying examination not earlier than 2013 are eligible to seek admission, provided they satisfy all other conditions.
- While determining the best of four, subjects/papers not taught at the UG level shall not be considered.