Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College (JGEC), Jalpaiguri was established in the year 1961. The campus spreads over 165 acres of land. JGEC is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The College offers undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.Tech) in various fields. Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College is affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT).
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College is located at Jalpaiguri, West Bengal. Jalpaiguri Railway Station is 4.2 km away and will take around 10 minutes to reach the College. Bagdogra International Airport is 53.5 km away from the Institute. Students can take a bus or a cab to reach JGEC. The College is well connected with all modes of transport.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- JGEC is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- The Institution of Engineers (India), North Bengal Local Centre
- RK Infosys
- Dharmshala Flying Club
- ETS Infra
- Asahi Glass
- Geeks for Geeks
- Scope Telecom
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Quiz Club: The institution has a Quiz Club that has students having a curious nature who organises and participates in various quizzes.
- Drama Club: This Club provides a platform to students to showcase their talents through acting skills, expressions and drama.
- Trekker Club: This club is a forum for adventure enthusiasts, trekkers, climbers and armchair mountaineers to develop the spirit of adventure amongst them.
- Technical Club: This is a technical club of the Institute that enhances the technical skills of the students by organising various technical events and activities.
- Photography Club: This Club is for students who love to capture moments for memories with their photography skills.
- Nature Club: The members of this Club make continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connect with the society and communities at large.
- Athletic Club: This Club is for the enthusiasts athlete who want to showcase their talents in different sports. They can also participate in various competitions conducted by this club.
- NSS: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Exams and Cutoffs
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri offers six undergraduate courses namely Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology and two postgraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering & Electrical Engineering. Admission to the undergraduate course is offered by JGEC on the basis of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) conducted by the West Bengal Board of Examination for Admission to Engineering whereas M.Tech is offered on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). The detailed admission process of all the courses offered by Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri are provided below:
For Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech):
- Candidates will have to apply online on the official website of the West Bengal Board of Examination and submit it along with the requisite documents.
- Candidates will have to appear for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) that is conducted by the West Bengal Board of Examination for Admission to Engineering.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling process conducted by WBJEEB.
- Seat allotment will be done on the basis of merit and preference of the candidate through the counselling process.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech):
- Candidates should qualify for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Based on the marks scored in GATE Exam, candidates have to fill an application form for admission to the College.
- Final admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in GATE Exam.
JGEC provides different infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as hostel for boys and girls, library with collection of books, labs, sports, computing facility, etc. Various other facilities like water treatment facilities, Wi-Fi, etc are also available.
- Hostel: The Institute has separate hostels for boys and girls. The Hostel Canteen serves nutritious and healthy food cooked under hygienic conditions
- Library: Library of the Institute includes magazines, national and international journals, etc. It has a good collection of text books covering all major disciplines.
- Labs: The Institute has laboratory for the students so that they can have hands-on experience and get practical knowledge of their theoretical knowledge.
- Sports: JGEC promotes sports through its various sports grounds for football, cricket and facilities which includes games like Carrom, Chess, Table tennis and others.
- Computing Facilities: Separate Computing facility for each department is provided by the college. Systems are equipped with the latest processors and configurations.
My experience is very good in this college.
Appropriate for Engineering aspirants
Last Seen: 05 Jun' 20
Joined On: 21 Jul' 19
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
Not the best college in Acaddmics but best best for overall
Natural beauty and studies the best combination.
Questions related to Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri
How is MAKAUT CET syllabus? how should I prepare for that? any books or reference? How hard to crack it? how many candidates appeared average for every years? I am an SC student got 81% in WBCHSE board XII exam. so, predict my possibilities to get into makaut bsc data science? please response..
The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology will conduct the MAKAUT CET Exam 2020 in Offline mode. There will be 50 Questions in the MAKAUT WB CET Exam 2020. Candidates are given 90 minutes to complete the West Bengal CET Exam 2020. For every correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded which means WBUT CET Exam 2020 will be conducted for 100 marks. MAKAUT CET Exam 2020 consists of 5 Group but as you said you want to get into BSc data science which comes under group A.
For Group A(3 years Bachelor Degree Course),
you should have passed 10+2 in any stream. Candidates applying for admission in Group A should have English as one of the subjects at the 10+2 level.
Topics for Group A is General knowledge, logical reasoning, English, numerical ability.
These topic consists:-
1. General knowledge:
Important National Facts
Heritage and Arts
Diseases and Nutrition
Number of Players
Heritage and Arts
2. CET logical reasoning syllabus:-
Verification of truth of the Statement
Situation Reaction Test
Direction Sense Test
Alpha- Numeric Sequence Puzzle
Assertion and Reasoning
Operations of Mathematics
Sequential Output training
Test on Alphabets
Identical figure groupings
Forming figures and analysis
Construction of Squares and Triangles
Cubes and Dice
Completion Incomplete Pattern
Spotting embedded figures
3. MAKAUT CET syllabus - English
Idioms and Phrases
Fill in the blanks
Active and Passive Voice
Error Correction (Underlined Part)
Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
4. MAKAUT CET syllabus - numerical ability
Time and Work Partnership
Ratio and Proportion
Boats and Streams
Time and Distance
Problems on Trains
Races and Games
Numbers and Ages
Mixtures and Allegations
Permutations and Combinations
Problems on L.C.M and H.C.F
Pipes and Cisterns
Problems on Numbers
Indices and Surds
Odd Man Out
Profit and Loss
Simplification and Approximation
You can go for any logical reasoning based books for your preparation..
When I went to give my CET exam, I literally had no preparation. I just did some logical reasoning questions and that's it.
In CET , the level of questions are not so high and it can be solved easily. You can pass it easily.
MAKAUT Conducts CET in different phases –
#1. MAKAUT CET – I indicate the FIRST phase – It is usually conducted in April.
#2. MAKAUT CET – II indicates the SECOND phase – It is usually conducted in June. In phase l and ll, around 9k students sit for the exam.
#3. MAKAUT CET – III indicates the THIRD phase – It is usually conducted in August.
In this phase less numbers of students sit for the exam(approx 7-8k students).
As per your 12th result and your category, you can easily crack the exam and opt for your course. As you know, this exam is not so tough.
Is a B.tech in Electrical Engineering & M.tech in Illumination Technology & Design or M.tech in Laser Technology or M.tech in such FISLM course (degree offered by School of JU) from Jadavpur qualified student eligible for ASSISTANT PROFESSOR recruitment for Govt Engg College of WB by WBPSC?
According to the rules, you should atleast have a Ph.D degree in the concerned discipline and having a good academic record is important. You need to complete your Masters degree in relevant discipline with atleast 55% or equivalent grade in the point system. You should have a good quality publications. You should also have a minimum 8 years work experience of teaching and research in a position equal to Assistant Professor. If you have this criteria, and then there are vacancies, you can apply for the position of Assistant Professor.
What is the cutoff of it in jgec in decentralized counselling
In decentralized,For technical branch like CSE and IT closing cutoff rank will range up to 4.5k-5k. if you choose core branch like EEE,EIE,ECE, closing rank will range up to 7k. it may be differ this year as rank cutoff is decided by the college officials and they consider lots of factors to make cutoff bar to select candidates in crowd
Hope it helps!
What is the cutoff of jgec for it in 2020
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College (JGEC), Jalpaiguri is a premier Engineering College in the State of West Bengal. JGEC is the second oldest of all technical institutions beside the Bengal Engineering and Science University(formerly Bengal Engineering College,Shibpur) in the state of West Bengal. At the time of its inception, JGEC was affiliated to the Calcutta University.
I Can't tell the exact cutoff of 2020 but can check previous year cutoff through this link
Hope this helps! All The Best!!
Feel free to ask if you have any more queries
How is the placement in Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College?
Placement in Jalpaiguri engineering college is average, around 70 % of students got placed in the year 2018,the mass recruiters for placements were TCS and CTS. The average salary package offered is 3.64 lacs per annum. The highest salary package offered was 10 LPA for the year 2018.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: