|01 Jan, 2019 - 15 Mar, 2019||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
Our Ph.D. program in residential mode offers a stimulating environment to the students towards the creation and advancement of management knowledge and practice through scholarly research.
The program has been attempting to : Ensure that students acquire advanced knowledge of literature and theory in their area of specialization and related interdisciplinary areas. Equip the doctoral students with relevant tools and techniques of research so that they can identify and study intricate issues in various domains of management. The course curriculum in place helps the students to gain adequate expertise as scholars and academicians.
The specializations offered for these programs is as under:
- Accounting, Finance and Economics
- OB,HR and International Management
- Operations, Information System and Marketing.
Entrance Test: All candidates will have to undergo an entrance test conducted by the School as detailed below
- Writing Ability Test: 40 marks
- Interview Process: 60 marks
Note: The candidates who score at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) marks in the entrance test as mentioned above and qualify the interview shall be considered for the final selection. The final Merit list for admission to the Ph.D. program shall be prepared based on the total marks scored by the candidates in the entrance test and interview.
Candidates seeking admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) must have obtained (candidates who are in their final semester/year of the qualifying degree can also apply):
- A post-graduate degree or equivalent (with a minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate)
- A Professional qualification (with a minimum CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or 55% marks in aggregate) or qualified CA / ICWA / CS/CFA
- A four-year professional degree (BE/B. Tech degree or equivalent) with an excellent academic record (minimum CGPA of 9.00 on 10 point scale or 80% marks in aggregate). Relaxation in CGPA to 7.00 on a 10-point scale, or in marks to 65%, for the minimum eligibility conditions may be permitted for these candidates who have a minimum of 3 years of professional and/or research experience in the area in which the admission is sought. These candidates have to take additional master level courses of 21 credits which they select from the courses offered in Year 1 of the MBA Program.
- Candidates must have qualified NET/JRF (UGC/CSIR) or have a valid score in one of the six tests, namely CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/NMAT/XAT.