|01 Jan, 2019 - 15 Mar, 2019||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
Our Ph.D. program for executives offers a stimulating environment to the students towards the creation and advancement of management knowledge and practice through scholarly research. The program has been designed to ensure that students acquire advanced knowledge of literature and theory in their area of specialization and related interdisciplinary areas. The program further attempts to equip doctoral students with relevant tools and techniques of research so that they can identify and study intricate issues in various domains of management. The course curriculum in place helps the students to gain adequate expertise as scholars and academicians.
The candidate can submit his/her thesis to the Registrar within six years, but not earlier than three and a half years from the date of his/her admission. However, two further extensions of one year each may be granted by the competent authority.
The specializations offered for these programs are as under:
Accounting, Finance, and Economics
OB, HR and International Management
Operations, Information System and Marketing
All shortlisted candidates will have to undergo an entrance test conducted by the School as detailed below:
- Section A: Research Aptitude Test (Objective type) 20 marks.
- Section B: Writing Ability Test 20 marks.
- However, UGC/CSIR (NET/JRF) qualified candidates are exempt from the Research Aptitude Test.
- Interview Process 60 mark
- The candidate is required to indicate his/her area of research at the time of interview.
Note: The candidates who score at least 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) marks in the entrance test as mentioned above and qualify the interview shall be considered for the final selection. The final Merit list for admission to the Ph.D. program shall be prepared based on the total marks scored by the candidates in the entrance test and interview.
- Candidates seeking admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) must have obtained:
- A post-graduate degree* or equivalent (with a minimum CGPA of 5.50 on a 10 point scale or 50% marks in aggregate)
- A Professional qualification (with a minimum CGPA of 5.50 on a 10 point scale or 50% marks in aggregate) or qualified CA / ICWA / CS/CFA
- A four-year professional degree (BE/B. Tech degree or equivalent) with the excellent academic record (minimum CGPA of 6.00 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate). Relaxation in CGPA to 5.50 on a 10-point scale, or in marks to 50%, for the minimum eligibility conditions may be permitted for these candidates who have a minimum of five years of professional and/or research experience in the area in which the admission is sought.
- In case the post-graduate qualification is a one-year program (for example, 1 year PGDM), candidates should produce a certificate that their qualification is equivalent to Master’s degree as per AICTE/ UGC or any other statutory authority.
- In case the post-graduate qualification is a one-year program (for example, 1 year PGDM), candidates should produce a certificate that their qualification is equivalent to a Master’s degree as per AICTE/ UGC or any other statutory authority.
- The candidates must have a minimum of five years of full-time teaching/research/industry experience.