- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is a full-time 24 months (Two Academic Years July to June divided into four Semesters I, II, III, IV) undergraduate degree course offered Calcutta, Kolkata.
Education Department of St. Xavier's College goes way back to the year 1940. However, it was in the session 1961-62 that the training of teachers through the Department began in a full-fledged way. The Department is a part of St. Xavier's College, which was then one of the colleges under Calcutta University also functioned under the parent university. From 6th March 2006 St. Xavier's College was declared as an Autonomous College by the University Grants Commission and Calcutta University. Since then we have been functioning as a department under this Autonomous College.
- Only graduates can apply.
- Students who have not completed their 6th Semester or the third year are not eligible to apply.
- 50% marks in Bachelors or Masters Degree for general category and 45% for reserved categories.
- Maximum age limit is 40 years as on 1st July 2020 for freshers.
Besides a good academic record, candidates must have:
a. Studied at least one subject offered in the B.Ed. Course at St. Xavier's College (Autonomous), Kolkata either at Graduation (with at least 300 marks) or at post Graduate level.
b. A good command and fluency in English, both spoken and written.