Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Introduction To Galois Theory online course is provided to all the applicants by the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. The course covers the subject line of mathematics. Participants who enrol for this programme will be able to learn about the aspects related to Galois theory. The course is entirely an online session for 8 weeks. The programme does not require students to undergo any long procedure of admission or entrance. The Introduction To Galois Theory certification course is free to be joined by the students who are interested in the discipline. The course provides unlimited access to the students to gain information from the programme.
The Introduction To Galois Theory programme includes video lectures, assignments, problem-solving assessments, and other activities for the proper understanding of the concepts to the students. Candidates can also gain certification for the course upon the successful completion of the programme. The course allows the candidates to be informed through the topics without any restrictions in regards to the attendance or timings of the sessions. An offline exam is conducted by the provider of the Introduction To Galois Theory training at the end of the programme so that the students gain the certificate.
- Provided by IIT, Madras
- Online programme
- Free of the cost learning experience
- Discussion groups
- Problem-solving assessments
- E-certificate obtainable after passing the offline exam
- Throughout access to the course
- Study material obtainable without any fees
- Self-paced training
- Discussion groups
- Case studies
- Video lectures
- Audio lectures
- Case study
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Participants can get into the Introduction To Galois Theory by Swayam without paying the fees.
- In case an applicant wants to acquire the certification for the course, he or she can pay Rs. 1000 as the Introduction To Galois Theory fees.
Introduction To Galois Theory fees details
Amount in Rupees
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The course is apt for the following participants-
- Candidates who are pursuing bachelors or masters degree in B.Sc mathematics.
- Candidates who have basic information about linear algebra, rings and fields, and group theory.
Participants should have basic knowledge of group theory, rings and fields, and linear algebra to apply in this programme.
Certification Qualifying Details
Candidates will have to appear for an in-person exam for the certification of the training. Candidates must acquire an average of 25 percent for assignment marks and an average of 75 percent for exam marks to be eligible to get the certificate for the course.
What you will learn
Upon the ending of the programme, the candidate will learn about the following points-
- Students will be able to learn about the fundamentals of rings and fields and its types through the Introduction To Galois Theory certification.
- Candidates will gain insights into field extensions such as a normal and separable extension.
- Participants will learn about Galois groups and fixed fields in the Introduction To Galois Theory certification syllabus.
- Candidates will acquire knowledge about the theorem of Galois theory, its properties along with some examples.
- Students will come to know about insolvability of quintics and solvability by radicals through the course.
- Candidates will learn about different extensions like cyclotomic extension, abelian extension, and kummer extension in the Introduction To Galois Theory training.
- Participants will gain valuable insights on irreducibility criteria and algebraic elements in regards to rings and fields in the programme.
To get admitted to the programme, students can go through the following procedure-
Step 1- Participants will have to visit the official website to get enrolled in the course- https://onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in/noc21_ma15/preview
Note- Candidates will not be able to enrol themselves in the programme at the moment because of the lack of availability of the required option on the official page of the course.
Review of rings and fields I: polynomial rings, irreducibility criteria, algebraic elements, field extensions
Review of rings and fields II: finite fields, splitting fields
Normal extensions, separable extensions
Fixed fields, Galois groups
Galois extensions, properties and examples
Fundamental theorem of Galois theory
Solvability by radicals, insolvability of quintics
Kummer extensions, abelian extensions, cyclotomic extensions
How it helps
The Introduction To Galois Theory programme belongs to the department of mathematics from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. The programme is completely free of cost for every participant as it is provided by a government-initiated platform. The online course covers the aspects of Galois theory. Candidates who want to take up this Introduction To Galois Theory certification course can do so anytime without worrying about the last date of applying for the course since there are no limitations regarding the joining of the programme. The course can be studied by the candidates pursuing graduation or post-graduation.
The certificate for the course can also be achieved in this programme through the offline exam. The Introduction To Galois Theory certification benefits the candidate if they want to give a start to their career. The course helps the candidate in getting a job by introducing them to the current standards of the industry throughout the programme. Candidates who want to go for higher education in the field can also pursue this course as it helps them prepare for the course by providing them with the basic concepts. The certificate is sharable in nature. In case, the student wants to promote their skills achieved through the Introduction To Galois Theory online course to get better employment opportunities, they can do so by sharing the certificate on platforms like LinkedIn. It helps the people of the same industry know about the achievements of the candidate.
To get the updates regarding announcements made on the website, students have to provide their details.
Candidates can access the course for free until its existence on the website.
The course is ulto the current standards of the market situations as the course material gets updated regularly by the provider as well the creator of the course.
Candidates have full liberty if they want to apply for the exam or not according to their requirements.
The course can be joined only on the official website.
The Introduction To Galois Theory certification syllabus takes up to 2 months to get completed by the mentor.
There will be mainly 8 topics for the subject which includes various sub-topics within the programme.
Yes, the certificate can be e-verified on the given link- nptel.ac.in/noc.
The course includes assignments, tests, discussion groups, and case studies in the programme.
No, the sessions can be attended by the students according to their schedules.
Duke University, Durham via Coursera
Stanford University, Stanford via Edx
Davidson College, Davidson via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
School Yourself via Edx
HKU Hong Kong via Edx
Stanford University, Stanford via Edx
Courses of your interest
The University of Edinburgh, Edi... via Coursera