- Source Coding
- The sequence of Yes/No Questions
- The entropy of a Bit
- The entropy of a Discrete Random Variable
- Average Code Length
- Huffman Code
- Lab 1 - Source Coding
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- A System View of Communications From Signals to Packets Part-2
A System View of Communications From Signals to Packets (PART 2)
Explore the communication insights with System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) by edX.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 4-6 Hours Per Week
Register yourself for System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) by edX and learn how information travels and reaches out to us. The course contains the working of signals in digital communication. The course has quizzes, forums, projects, and assignments.
The system view of communication training has been divided into three parts. In part 1, the candidates will learn how information travels to a single receiver, in part 2 the participants will study how multiple transmitters works. And the traveling of signals from one station to another has been clearly explained in the third part of the course. The System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) certification course involves interactive exercises to help the candidates grow more knowledge.
Once the candidate goes through the procedure of learning, they will be given a certificate at the end. The certificate can be an asset to the learning of the participant. In any organization, they can show it and get better jobs or salary hikes.
- Introductory level
- 6 weeks
- Online course
- Verified certificate
- English video transcript
- Weekly efforts of 4 to 6 hours needed
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The candidates can take a system view of communications: from signals to packets fees for free.
- For the participants looking for a verified certificate, pay Rs.3,671 and enroll
System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) fee
Amount in INR
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The course by edX can be taken by the following candidates.
- Candidates looking for knowledge in the field of digital communication can take this course.
- Contenders who want verified certificates can also register in the System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) by edX.
Certification Qualifying Details
The candidates registering for the System view of communications: from signals to packets training need to take the upgraded course in order to earn a certificate.
What you will learn
The candidates can enrol in the course and learn the following given below.
- The participants will learn about the functioning of multiple transmitters and will be taught to the course.
- The course has been divided into three parts for the candidate to find it easier to learn will be covered under the course.
- Basic understanding of the different tools has been well-discussed in the system view of the communications course.
- In the training, the members will also come across the trade-offs met in designing the system of digital communication in the System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) syllabus.
- The functioning of different stations has been elaborated on in the course.
- Designing of languages in programming will also be a vital point in System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) training.
- Candidates will examine the working of multiple transmitters over the same channel.
- Mobile phone communication over signals is another key learning in the course.
- The candidates will acquire knowledge on the difference between single and multiple transmitters under System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) syllabus.
- The contenders will gain knowledge on modulation and demodulation.
Follow the steps given below, if the contenders want to enrol in the system view of communications: from signals to packets certification course.
Step 1: The participant needs to open the link given below in the browser. https://courses.edx.org/course/
Step 2: With the help of the mail id, create your account on the platform.
Step 3: The candidates must use their credentials to sign in.
Step 4: For the candidates who are existing users, just sign in.
Step 5: Click upon the option of “enrol” for taking the System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) by edX.
Step 6: To receive certification, the candidates need to take the “verified course”.
Step 7: Click upon the mode of payment and checkout.
Lossless Source Coding: Huffman Codes
The Frequency Domain
- Continuous-time Sinusoids
- Discrete-time Sinusoids
- Fourier Series
- Lab 2 – Frequency analysis
Lossy Source Coding
- Perceptual Coding
- Time-frequency analysis
- Non-uniform Quantization
Filters and the Frequency Response
- Channels as Filters
- Frequency Response
- Filter Examples
- Frequency Response of the IR Channel
- Lab 3 - Frequency Response
The Discrete Fourier Transform
- Complex Numbers
- Complex Exponentials
- Aliasing (2 Questions)
- Discrete Fourier Transform
Signal Transmission - Modulation
- Radio Spectrum
- Modulation with Complex Exponentials
Signal Transmission - Demodulation
- Analysis of Mixing using Cosines
- Analysis of Mixing using Complex Exponentials
- Non-ideal Effects
- Lab 4 - Modulation
- Binary Phase Shift Keying
- I/Q Modulation
- Quadrature Phase Shift Keying
- Constellation Diagrams
- Lab 5 - BPSK and QPSK
Summary and Review
- Source Coding
- Filters and the Frequency Domain
- Sharing a Channel
- Final Exam
MATLAB and tutorials
- MATLAB Online
- Getting Started with MATLAB
- Working with Data
- Data Visualization
- Program Control
Post Course Survey
In terms of financial assistance, candidates can get up to 90% of scholarships. If the candidate has any query, they can mail the helpdesk or contact the administration,
How it helps
The course will help the participants gain insights into the expressions involved in the process flow of digital communication. For candidates, labs have been kept at the end of every topic. Radio spectrum, modulation is some of the key learning involved in the designing of the course. The candidate needs to go through labs, to get a clearer picture of the learning.
Over a network how the functioning of the station works has been elaborated as different sub-headings. Analysis of mixing using cosines has been explained in simpler words. Complex numbers, complex exponentials are some points where candidates often fail to understand. The experts understand the viewpoint of candidates and help them break it into simpler terms.
The participants registering for the certified course shall receive a certification. The certificate shall hold a logo from the institution and the signature of the experts involved in the course. The participants can download it from their mail or contact the help desk to get it in hand if possible. The participants can add this documentation to get long term System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) certification benefits such as promotions, hikes in salary, promotions in the office or share the knowledge with anyone.
The System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) online course will continue for 4-6 hours a week. A total of 6 weeks’ time has been given to this course.
There is no option of extending the course. The candidate can ask the administration if they can do the same.
The candidates can take the course just in the English language as of now.
The participants can take the System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) online course depending upon their convenience.
Yes, the candidate can sign in on different platforms such as a website or app.
The candidates can get scholarships, but it has terms and conditions which can be read on the website or learned through the help desk.
The certificate is awarded at the end of the System View of Communications: From Signals to Packets course (PART 2) training; the candidates can reach out to the administration or help the team.
All the materials are inside the course. Videos, quizzes, and assignments can be done during the course.
There is no reduction in the course, but if the candidates have any coupons, they can use them while making the payment.
The candidates can reach out to the tutors anytime during the course, they can also contact them through the mail.
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong via Edx
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo via Edx
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong via Edx
MIPT Moscow via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.