Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine
The Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine by edX teaches foam models for osteoporosis and trabecular bones required in tissue engineering.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 11-13 Hours Per Week
The Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine by edX is a candidate’s time convenient course i.e. self-paced online training from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This course covers cellular solids including osteoporosis, trabecular bone mechanics in tissue engineering.
The students who pursue this course will issue a verified certificate through edX from MITx institution from where the instructors belong to. This certificate is students’ identity verified and carries the logo of the institution and the signature of the tutor of this program. Scholarships and financial assistance are available for the users to get off on the course fee.
This certificate is provided to the course completed students and it is also sharable to the resume and platforms like LinkedIn, a great network of experts and employers, accepts this certificate to add this to their profiles. This seeks the candidates their dream job, prosperity in their business, expect salary hike, and promotion in the organization.
- The course is convenient for the students time
- Programme from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Requires only 11 to 13 hours per week
- Certificate is sharable
- Online programme from edX
- Gain unlimited access to the course materials
- Advance level programme
- Course language is English
- Course track can be paid or unpaid
- Transcription of course videos in English
- Course duration is 4 weeks
- Verified Certification from MITx
- Course offered by edX
- Video lectures
- Discussion forums
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Generally, the users are enrolled in the free monitor of the course which is not offered with certificates
- The learners who require a verified certificate for this online Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine training should change their track to the verified path i.e. these students will be issued a certificate on completing the course by paying the Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine fees of Rs. 3,572 only.
Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine fees
Category of Fee
Amount in USD
Amount in Rs.
Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification fee
Note: The edX offers the students who join the course discounts. This can be obtained by applying the coupons given at the time of the payment of the course fees.
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The following students who wish to join the Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine training are eligible
- All the participants who have completed the Cellular Solids Part 1: Structure, Models, and Engineering Applications course which is previous to this program can attend this course.
This Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification does not require any prior work experience of the users who want to join this course. If they need more information they can visit the website.
The Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine online course expects the students to complete the previous course Cellular Solids Part 1: Structure, Models, and Engineering Applications. If the students are new to this program, then they can take both the courses at the same and get benefited.
Certification Qualifying Details
The scholars who're all pursuing the verified track of the course i.e. the paid course for the certification of the Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification will issue a verified certificate from MITx in the event that they preserve a passing rating of 60% or more. They need to total the given activities, duties, and graded assignments on time.
What you will learn
The following learning outcomes can be achieved by the participants who attend the Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine online course:
- The most important topic in medicine is cellular solids which are covered in this course.
- The treatment given to the trabecular bone through the application of foam models is taught to the students.
- The bone fracture due to the trabecular bone loss with osteoporosis is an increased risk which is also explained in detail in this course.
- Many concepts related to tissue engineering are covered through this course.
- They will also learn the contractile behaviour of the biological cells on the scaffolds related to tissue engineering.
- The applications of the foam models to the scaffolds in tissue engineering are also learnt by the students under Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification syllabus.
- Many cases of studies related to the behaviour of the biological cells on scaffolds can be studied through this course.
- On completing this course, they will understand the course from an engineering view so that they can apply it to the medicine.
- Many orthopaedic implants treatment methods such as the development of metal foam coatings are known by the candidates from this programme.
- The porous scaffold design which is used in tissue engineering that mimics the extracellular matrix of the body is learnt from this course.
The users who wish to join the Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification course can follow these simple steps
Step 1: The users should go to the link https://www.edx.org/course/cellular-solids-part-2-applications-in-medicine to register for the course.
Step 2: To join the course, they must possess an edX account. They can create an edX account using Facebook, email, or Google account.
Step 3: The already registered users can log in to the edX directly.
Step 4: They should click the “Sign in” button and search and select the course.
Step 5: Immediately, the participants are enrolled in the audit or free track of this course where they need not pay any course fee.
Step 6: If the students wish for a verified certificate from MITx offered by edX, they need to register for this by paying the certification fee by online payment via credit or debit cards or UPI or net banking.
Step 7: After completing the payment for the course, the candidates are now able to pursue the verified track where they will earn a certificate at the end of this course.
Bone in evolutionary studies
Tissue engineering scaffolds
The candidates shall apply for monetary or financial assistance. As much as 90% off on the certification fee can be obtained by the users for the online program. They'll avail the scholarship by completing the application form and submitting it on time given within the website. A mail will be sent to the eligible students with further details to proceed with the concession.
No particular exams are given for the candidates to clear to be part of this course. The Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine online certification coaching provided by edX is versatile for all of the students who would find it useful by studying this.
How it helps
The Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification benefits the students by making them explore the important topics in medicine such as cellular solids, bone-in evolutionary studies, application of foam models to the trabecular bone, cell-scaffold interaction, bone loss modelling in osteoporosis which makes them an expert.
To make the learners understand the concepts deeper, they are given assignments, activities, quizzes, and video classes which are all available online. In order to benefit the audit track students, they are also given non-graded assignments and activities. The students who are unable to join the course are also helped with financial assistance and scholarships from edX to be a small part of their achievement.
The candidates can build their career through edX as it provides certificates that are verified with the identification of the students who pursue the course and consists of the signature of instructors and logo of the MITx institution to highlight the skills and achievement done by them. The shareable certificate is issued to all the participants so that they can post it directly to their resume, LinkedIn profiles and portfolio. This brings them many golden opportunities in their career such as the high designation in the company working, hike in salary. These Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification benefits will bring prosperity and growth to candidates.
The students need to put in only 11 to 13 hours per week and this course is 4 weeks duration. If they follow this, they can complete the course within the given period of time.
The Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification course is related to the Engineering subject. The participants are desired to have some prior knowledge of this.
Definitely, edX provides the students with a transcription of videos in English which is the most common language known to most of them.
The students who join this course should have completed or had knowledge about the Cellular Solids Part 1: Structure, Models, and Engineering Applications course which is also given edX. They can also take these two courses simultaneously.
There is no information given regarding the work experience of the participants who take up this Cellular solid Part 2: Applications in Medicine course which gives the flexibility to join the course.
Anyone who is willing to study the concepts of the Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine program can attend this course.
No, there is no age limit given to this course. All the freshers, graduates, professionals from various fields with some basic knowledge related to this course can take up the Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine course.
No, the audit track of this course is free of cost where the students can take the course but will not receive any certifications at the end of this course.
No, the score obtained at the end of this course cannot be added to the university credits. However, edX encourages the university to add this course to their Cellular Solids Part 2: Applications in Medicine certification syllabus.
This course is an entirely online program. The students must have an electronic device like smartphones, computers, tablets, or laptops with a good internet connection.
Georgia Tech via Udacity
UM–Ann Arbor via Edx
Wageningen University and Research, Wageningen via Edx
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne via Edx
MIT Cambridge via Edx
GU Washington via Edx
Purdue University, West Lafayette via Edx
MIT Cambridge via Edx
BU Boston via Edx
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne via Edx