- Welcome to CAD & BIM specialization
- Course overview
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The 3D CAD Application programme offered by Coursera aims to equip the candidates with skills in 3D modelling, that will be helpful in generating drawings and creating designs for designers, engineers or architects.
With this course, the candidate will learn various applications of CAD and its implementation in engineering works. This course is offered by the National Taiwan University and has allotted skilled instructors for the same. The faculty will make sure that the students get their doubts cleared shortly after they arise and excel in the same course.
The course is available in English; however, Vietnamese subtitles are also available for the candidates. The candidates not only will get a duration of 5 weeks to complete the course but will also be provided with the flexibility of learning whenever and wherever, according to his/her convenience. This course is appropriate for budding engineers and also for the students who should be skilled in 3D modelling due for educational purposes.
- English and Vietnamese Subtitled
- Shareable Certificate
- Flexible Deadlines
- Global Course
- Skilled Instructors
- Online Classrooms
- Online learning
- Financial aids
- Weekly assignments
- Study materials
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
The fee details of the 3D CAD Application programme are as follows:
Interested candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 2,898 to obtain the certification.
Amount in Rupees
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The 3D CAD Application course can be taken by the following:
- Candidates who want to work in the field of design
- Candidates who want to improve their current skill sets
- Candidates who want to work as engineers, designers and architects
- Candidates who want to educate further students
Certification Qualifying Details
A shareable certificate will be provided to the candidates who are successful in completing the course by National Taiwan University.
What you will learn
The programme of 3D CAD Application by Coursera provides the following takeaways:
- The candidates will receive quality education offered by NTU (National Taiwan University)
- The candidates would become familiar with the concepts of 3D modelling
- The candidates will develop basic skills of being an Engineer
- The candidate will learn to design and generate drawings
- The candidates will learn the various applications of CAD
Candidates showing interest in 3D CAD Application may apply to this course by following the guidelines given below:
Step 1: Head over to the preview of the course page by clicking on https://www.coursera.org/learn/3d-cad-application.
Step 2: Find the option of ‘Enroll Now’ which is available at the end of the page and proceed by clicking on it.
Step 3: Choose your desired race methods- whether you would like to pay a fee and obtain a certification or obtain the study materials for free without certification.
Step 4: Pay the fee accordingly and proceed with your course.
Basis of 3D modeling: Learn basic concept and start modeling
- Notice of 3D modeling
- Import CAD files into SketchUp
- Process of 3D modeling
Building Structure: Create columns, walls, beams and slabs
- Create columns
- Create the First Floor's Slab
- Create beams
- Readjust heights of walls
- Create walls
- Group of 3D models
Staircases: Create staircases and railings
- Create railing of third-part staircase
- Create second and third parts of staircase
- Create and Group second floor slab
- Create railing of second-part staircase
- Create first part of staircase and platform
- Adjust and Group staircase
- Create railing of first-part staircase
Windows: Create detailed components
- Create the doorknob of D4 and make it component
- Paint and modify D4
- Create a window component-W2
- Create a window component-DW2
- Create a door component-D4
- Create a window component-DW1
Modify and Place Component: Place components into building model
- Create spaces and place W2
- Import components
- Place restroom door
- Make Component of Air conditioning inlet
- Place D1 and D4 component
- Place Iron rolling door component SD1
Model Assembling and Materials: Complete this building model
- Check the surface of the model
- Shadow of the whole model
- Paint and assemble the models of every floor
- Collect, create and modify materials
- Concept of model assembling
- Export the model
- Materials and shadow
Closure: Review and preview
- Move on your journey of 3D modelling
How it helps
The course of 3D CAD Application by Coursera offered by the National Taiwan University employs skilled and knowledgeable faculty for helping the students gain an intensive knowledge about 3D modelling through CAD and perform its applications to real life challenges. The certification provided in this course gives an edge to the applicants over those who do not have a certification.
It serves as proof that the candidate has completed the course to the best of his/her abilities. The skills learnt during this course will serve as a foundation for budding engineers, designers and architects to hone their skills in the field of 3d modelling, designing and generating drawings.
The candidates who are graduating from this course can also choose to work under the above-mentioned professionals, which means diverse opportunities for employment and also wages. The world today is highly digitised, which means there is not much scope for pen and paper designing and a lot of opportunities for those well-versed in designing making the use of digital means and software.
This leaves a great demand for the 3D modelling professionals in the market, ultimately increasing their confidence and excelling at their jobs. This course will also provide insight into useful tools of CAD software, which is very beneficial in the job market.
You will be able to upload this certification on sites like LinkedIn and gain more opportunities for employment and discovering you would be easier by them as the course provided by us is sharable.
We also provide concessions for students who find it difficult to pay for the course fee. They will be required to fill out a form which can be found on our website and we will confirm the details and approve the concession.
You will get many benefits along with this course like graded assignment and study materials which will help you along the way in learning in-depth about the course. Once the course is completed, you will be able to get a certificate which can be added to the "Accomplishment Page" and also to sites like LinkedIn.
Coursera provides two ways of enrolment. The first in which the students can opt for a free course but will not be provided a certificate. And the second in which the student has to pay a fee of Rs. 2,898 to obtain the certification as well.
The instructor allotted for this course is Prof. Shih-Chung Kang (康仕仲) who works in the Department of Civil Engineering.
The course is an intermediate level course which is of a duration of 8 weeks, comprising about 9 hours of study material. The course is 100 percent online.
The course will be available in the English Language to all participants. However, Vietnamese subtitles are also available for interested candidates.
Courses of your interest
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.