- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a three-year full-time course offered by Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Candidates for admission into the first semester of full-time diploma courses shall be required to have passed 10th Standard or equivalent examinations with Maths and Science as subjects. Should Obtain at least 35% marks in the qualifying examinations
For Second Year Lateral Entry
- Admission For Lateral Entry into the Second year (III Semester) of the three year full-time diploma courses, the candidates shall be required to pass the Qualifying Examination (Academic or Vocational or I.T.I.) of 10 plus 2 patterns, with the following conditions:
- 1. Academic Stream candidates should have compulsorily studied Maths, Physics, and Chemistry at 10 + 2 level.
- 2. Vocational Stream candidates should have studied either Maths or Physics or Chemistry as one of the subjects of study along with the related Vocational Subject (Theory and Practical) at 10 + 2 level.
- 3. The student passing 10th + (2Years I.T.I.) with appropriate specialization in that order shall be eligible for admission to second-year diploma courses of the appropriate program.