Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Berhampore was established in the year 1927 in the central jail premises at Berhampore as Government Silk Weaving and Dyeing Institute under the administrative control of Directorate of industries, Government of West Bengal. Earlier the institute was affiliated to the University of Calcutta, in the year 1998, the institute got affiliated to University of Kalyani.
Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Berhampore is located at Cantonment Road, Gora Bazar, Berhampore, West Bengal. Berhampore Court is around 4 km away from the institute. North Bengal State Transport Corporation/NBSTC/State Bus Depot is approximately 1 km away from the institution. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is around 181 km away from the institute. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there.
The institution is accredited by the NBA.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Phototude: This is the Photography Club that provides a platform for budding photographers to showcase their photography talent.
- Artncraft: This Club is for the artists who get a platform to showcase their creativity through their art and craft.
- Film Club: This Club conducts various events, performances related movies, plays, dramas, songs, etc.
- Sports Club: This Club promotes sports and encourages students to actively participate in various sports programmes and activities conducted by them.
- Dance Club: This Club of the campus which participates in various competitions in and outside college and showcase their talent of dance to the audience.
- Music Club: This Club provides an opportunity for students to excel in the field of music and has a complete orchestra and audio equipment for music lovers.
- TEXOFASHION: This Club works to connect the traditional designs with modern fashion and helps to enhance the skills in Textile design & Arts.
- Debating Club: This Club provides a platform for the students to express their views to develop critical thinking among students and to make them confident orators and debtors.
- Tech Club: This Club innovation and creativity through technical and managerial skills of the students of the college.
Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Berhampore offers B.Tech in Textile Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. GCETT B also offers M.Tech in Textile Technology. Admission to undergraduate courses of GCETT B is offered on the basis of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) conducted by the West Bengal Board of Examination for Admission to Engineering. M.Tech is offered on the basis of GATE/West Bengal University of Technology Post Graduate Entrance Examination conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology. The final stage of admission to all courses of fee payment and admission is finalised only when the requisite fee is paid and documents get verified. The detailed admission process of all the courses offered by Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Berhampore is given below:
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board.
- Further, candidates have to participate in the WEB JEE e-counselling for choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of merit, participation in the counselling process, choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for GATE/WB PGET.
- Further, candidates have to participate in the counselling process based on GATE/WB PGET scores.
- Final admission will be based on the merit, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
- Admission will be based on the merit of GATE/WB PGET/marks of the qualifying examination.
- First preference will be given to GATE score holders.
- Second preference will be given to WB PGET rank holders.
- Third preference will be given to the graduation result of B.E/B.Tech in Textile Technology.
Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Auditorium: The institute has an auditorium which is used to conduct various activities and events organised by students.
Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, gym, etc.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
Canteen: The institution has a canteen that provides hygienic food to the students at a subsidised rate.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
It is awesome
Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Berhampore4, Cantonment Road, P.O.- Berhampore, Dist -Murshidabad, West Bengal, Pincode - 742101, India
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: