Hansraj College, Delhi is a constituent college of University of Delhi. It offers programmes in Science, Commerce & Arts. The College was founded by the D.A.V. College Managing Committee on July 26, 1948 in the memory of Mahatma Hansraj. The college has 15 academic departments: Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology, Commerce, Economics, English, Hindi, History, Philosophy, Physical Education, Sanskrit. Hansraj College offers BA, BA (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.), B.Sc, B.Sc (Hons.), M.Com, M.Sc and MA programmes.
Hansraj College is located at Mahatma Hans Raj Marg, Malka Ganj, Delhi. Indira Gandhi International Airport is the closest airport to the college, located 21.5 km away. Nearest railway station to the college is Sabzi Mandi Railway Station, located 1.8 km away while the nearest metro station is Pulbangash Metro Station, located 1.8 km away. Closest bus depot to the college is Mori Gate Terminal Bus Station, located 2.8 km away.
- Hansraj College is accredited by NAAC with 'A+' grade with a CGPA of 3.62 on a 4 point scale
Hansraj College has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- Vishveshvaranand Vedic Research Institute (VVRI), Hoshiarpur, Panjab
- National Institute of Immunology
- Delhi Police
- ICICI Direct
- National Bee Board
- Ramjas College
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- DCAC and St. Stephen's College
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Amity University of Biotechnology
- Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
- IISER, Mohali
- School of Open Learning, University of Delhi
- IIT Delhi
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Admission Committee- This Committee handles all the duties related to admission in Hansraj College, Delhi. It handles tasks like publishing notifications, carrying out admission process, publishing admission list etc.
- Sports Committee- This Committee handles all the sports equipment and sports related events in the college. It keeps record of all the sports equipment of the college, organises sports events and forms teams to take part in inter-college sports events.
- Students' Welfare Committee- This Committee works for the welfare of the students of Hansraj College. It takes measures to make the life of students better in the campus. It also gives suggestions for the welfare of the students.
- Internal Complaints Committee- This Committee registers and addresses all the internal complaints and matters of the college. All internal complaints of the college are resolved by this committee.
- Women Development Committee- This Committee works for the welfare of the women of the college. It makes women of the college aware about their rights and takes steps to make their life better.
- Debating Society- This Society conducts all the debating activities in the college. It organises debating events in the college and takes part in the inter-college debating events.
- Dramatics Society- This Society conducts all the dramatics related events in the college like dramas, skits, plays, nukkad nataks etc. It also represents the college participating in inter-college dramatics events.
- Music and Dance Society- This Society conducts all the music and dance events at the college. It organises all the music and dance performances in college events and represents the college participating in inter-college music and dance events.
- Haritima- It is the social awareness society of Hansraj College, Delhi. It spreads awareness of different environmental issues and their possible consequences. It achieves its aim by organising various activities.
- Navankur Society- This society was set up in Hansraj College, Delhi for visually challenged students. Project preparation, cassette recording, writing answer sheets in examination etc. are some of the objectives of the society. Their aim is to help visually challenged students in their daily activities.
- Terpsichorean- It is the Choreography Society of Hansraj College. It directs the choreography for the dance performances happening in the college. It also choreographs the dance performances for inter-college dance competitions.
- Western Dance Society- This Society organises and prepares for western dance performances like Jazz, Hip Hop, Semi-Classical, Contemporary, Krumping, Bollywood, Dubstep and Chhao etc. for the college events. It promotes western dance culture in Hansraj College.
- Sanskritiki- It is the Indian culture society of the college. Its aim is to promote traditions, ethics and values in the college. Various lectures on Veds and Epics like Gita and Mahabharat have been organised by the society.
Courses & Fees
This College is accredited by NAAC A+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 11 Sep 2022 and the score is 3.62 .
Hansraj College, Delhi Admission Procedure:-
Hansraj College offers BA, BA (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.), B.Sc, B.Sc (Hons.), M.Com, M.Sc and MA programmes. Admission to the undergraduate course is offered on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examination and candidates who meet the cutoff requirement of Hansraj College are offered admission after document verification and fee payment. Admission to the postgraduate course is offered via two modes - Merit Basis and on the basis of an entrance exam. Hansraj College admission process is given below in details.
- Candidates have to register on the admission portal of the University of Delhi and choose the colleges and programmes they want admission in.
- A cutoff list will be released by the institute based on the marks obtained in 10+2.
- Candidates who secure the cutoff percentage/marks have to report for admission in the respective institute.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done by the respective institute.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered Hansraj College, Delhi admissions.
Hansraj College Admission Procedure for Postgraduate Courses-
All DU departments, except those offering inter-disciplinary or professional courses, offer admission to PG courses via two channels - merit (50% seats) and entrance exam DUET (50% seats). The seats based on the merit of the qualifying exam or graduation are offered only to those candidates who have completed their UG programmes from the University of Delhi.
Through Entrance Exam-
- Candidates desiring to take admission to PG courses have to register on the common DU PG admissions portal.
- After the submission of application, they have to apply and appear for Delhi University Entrance Examination (DUET).
- A merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured by the aspirants in the entrance test.
- Candidates will be shortlisted according to the merit.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission on the basis of merit document verification and fee payment.
- For admission through merit, candidates have to register online and submit an online application for admissions on the common admission portal of DU.
- A cut off list will be released by the university based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates have to meet the cut off requirement.
- Aspirants meeting the cut off requirement have to report to Hansraj College for admission.
- Hansraj College admissions will be based on merit, document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
Hansraj College, Delhi has ample infrastructural support and has a well-designed infrastructure that facilitates the smooth functioning of the college. It also provides various facilities to the students. The library has a large collection of books and it is divided into four sections that comprise Main Library, individual Departmental Libraries, the periodicals and the textbook section. The seminar hall and the auditorium of Hansraj College, Delhi is well equipped and the auditorium has a seating capacity of 600 students whereas the seminar hall has a seating capacity of around 100 students. The computer laboratories of the institute take care of the computational need and provide wifi facility inside the campus. The hostel of the college provides accommodation to 200 students and it has all the necessary facilities such as a gym, sports, mess, etc. The yoga hall is used for performing yoga and has trained yoga instructor that helps the students during their yoga session. The facilities provided by Hansraj College, Delhi are listed below:
- Library- The library comprises four sections: the Main Library, individual Departmental Libraries, the periodicals and the textbook sections. It has more than 1,35,000 books and subscription to 98 national and international journals. Searching/referencing of titles is almost totally computerised.
- Canteen- The canteen of Hansraj College, Delhi accommodates 150 people at a time. A variety of quality food & beverages is served there at reasonable rates. A retail outlet of Nestle is situated right next to the canteen.
- Sports- Hansraj College has facilities for both outdoor and indoor sports and games. The College has a huge sports ground and a basketball court between the college and the hostel premises. There is an indoor badminton court and indoor shooting range.
- Amphitheatre- There is an amphitheatre in the college which is used by students for various events like choreography, plays, skits etc. Students also use this platform for their cultural competitions and other such activities.
- Auditorium- There is an auditorium in Hansraj College, Delhi which has a seating capacity of 600. It is used to organise various official, cultural and other events at the college. It has audio-visual equipment installed and good acoustics.
- Laboratories- All the laboratories of Hansraj College are well-equipped with the latest equipment and apparatus to facilitate students with a good practical environment along with theoretical learning. Chemistry Labs, Physics Labs, Electronics Labs, Computer Labs, Botany Labs, Zoology Labs are some of the labs in the college.
- Seminar Hall- Hansraj College, Delhi has a fully air-conditioned Seminar Hall with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment. The seating capacity of the seminar hall is around a hundred. The hall is often used for debates, seminars, council meeting and societies events etc.
- Yoga Hall- There is a yoga hall in the institute which is used to conduct yoga activities. College community can go there and perform yoga any time of the day. A trained yoga instructor has been assigned at the yoga hall.
- Hostel- Hansraj College has a boys hostel which can accommodate around 200 students. It has a common room, a multifaceted gym and arrangements for indoor and outdoor games. Dining facilities are also provided. Wifi connectivity is provided in the hostel.
- Medical- Hansraj College, Delhi has a medical room with all the necessary first aid and a mobile stretcher. A nurse has also been appointed for providing proper first aid during emergencies. An on-call doctor also visits the medical room. A hospital is located within 500 metres from the college and the college is well-connected with it.
- Computing Facility- Computers with internet connection are available both for students and teachers in the library, staff room and computer labs. The whole campus is wifi enabled. The College has four well-equipped and computer laboratories.
Hansraj is one of the best college in DU
Last Seen: 27 May' 20
Joined On: 27 May' 20
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- B.Com Hons
It was a nice experience to live in the heart of Delhi.
Last Seen: 25 May' 20
Joined On: 12 May' 19
Education Interest: n/a
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- B.Com Hons
My experience at hansraj
Hansraj gives a Never forgettable experience
Last Seen: 23 May' 20
Joined On: 23 May' 20
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- B.Com Hons
Questions related to Hansraj College, Delhi
i am a non delhi aspirant and i got 88 in pcm and i want to pursue bsc in computer science at hansraj college can i get admission there
Cut offs are very high in DU , Hansraj college is one of the top Colleges of Delhi University.
For non Delhi students it is very difficult to get admission in BSC computer science .
For general category candidate to get admission in top DU college , he must secure minimum 92-95 % . For SC/ St category one should get above 80.
You can try in other branches of Hansraj college if you want that particular college or if you wish to pursue graduation with computer science particularly then try in other colleges of Delhi , you may get seat in third or fourth round
mam which is better option Bsc hons mathematics from hansraj College or Btech electrical engineering from nsut delhi main campus???
B.sc and B.tech are both different degrees and the subjects you have asked for are both different. Both institutes are the best institutes for the particular course they offer. You can make a choice based on your career interest.
My suggestion would be B.tech as it has more career oppurtunities and it is a professional degree you will get. B.tech from NSUT can give you higher placements oppurtunities.
If you consider B.sc in mathematics then your career oppurtunities and path will be different.
Final choice is yours.
Hope it helps!
Out of Hansraj College & Sri Venkateswar College which is better for BSc Chemistry Honours ?
Thanks for approaching us
Congratulations on making it through the cut off list. It's a tough choice to choose between these two college.
Hansraj being in the North Campus has an edge over the other college. Being the hub of most activities in DU. South campus being newer is still in the evolution process.
I suggest you contact seniors of the particular course, contact faculties and then decide the college. Both these college are equally good in terms of eexposure, activites, faculty. But in the end it comes down to you as the choice of college will effect your overall personality during these 3 years.
Hope this helps you
All the best for your future
mam I have filled the admission fee of hansraj College and my admission is confirmed , but now I got admission in nsut so I want my money refunded. so I clicked cancel option on my du portal. so my money will we refunded or I have to do something else???
The admission fees which you have deposited to Hansraj College will be withdrawn before the 15 days of commerce of academic session
The deposited fees of hundred percent and the security deposit will be refunded after 10% deduction of the total deposited money as the processing fees.
mam first I paid the admission fees of hansraj College but now I do not want to take admission in any of the du colleges so I have to click cancel or withdraw button on my portal??
If you don't want to take admission in any of the colleges of Delhi University now and also want to withdraw your current admission at the Hansraj College, you can cancel your admission. Once you cancel your admission, your admission in the specific college gets canceled.
I hope you understood. Thank you.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 11 Sep 2022 ; CGPA : 3.62