- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Anna University, Chennai
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Computer Science and Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by Anna University, Chennai.
First Year B.E. / B.Tech.
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology, Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Lateral entry (Second year) B.E. / B.Tech.
- Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution; with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology
- Passed B. Sc Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject Provided that in case of students belonging to B. Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first-year engineering program along with the second year subjects
- Provided further that, the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream
- Provided further that students, who have passed Diploma in Engineering & Technology from an AICTE approved institution or B. Sc Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, shall also be eligible for admission to the first year Engineering Degree courses subject to vacancies in the first-year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.