- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Anna University, Chennai
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Computer Science and Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by Anna University, Chennai.
For First Year BE:
- A pass in the HSC (Academic) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry put together as for General at Category - 50.00 %, Backward Class including Backed, Class Muslim - 45.00%, MBC, and DNC - 40.00%, and SC/SCA/ST - 40.00%.
- A pass in any one of the HSC (Vocational Subjects) as given below with any one of the Engineering related Subjects namely Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with minimum average Percentage of Related Subjects, Vocational Theory and Practicals put together as for General at Category - 50.00 %, Backward Class including Backed, Class Muslim - 45.00%, MBC & DNC - 40.00%, and for SC/SCA/ST - 40.00%.
BE Lateral Entry (Direct Second Year)
- The Minimum Eligibility Marks for admission to the second year BE/ B.tech Degree Courses under Lateral Entry for Diploma and B.SC Candidates as prescribed in G, O. (Ms), Higher Education(J2) Department, dated: 30.06.2008 remains unchanged as follows:
- Minimum Eligibility Marks for General Category - 55.00%, Backward Class Including Backward Class Muslim - 50.00%, Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities - 45.00%, and for SC/SCA/ST - More Pass in the Qualifying Examination.
- B. Sc. candidates who have taken Mathematics at +2 level or studied Mathematics as Core or ancillary subjects at B.Sc level alone are eligible for admission to BE/ B.Tech degree courses through Lateral Entry.