About School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
School of Management Studies (SMS) was started in the year 1999. It offers an AICTE approved two-year full-time MBA Programme and a PhD Programme in Management Studies. SMS also encourages faculty and doctoral research, consultancy, training in various sectors. It is affiliated to the University of Hyderabad. SMS courses include postgraduate and doctoral programmes in various areas.
School of Management Studies is located at Hyderabad Central University, Serilingampally, Hyderabad, Telangana. Nampally Railway Station is around 20 km away and Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad, Hyderabad, Telangana is around 34 km away from the college. Students can take a bus or a taxi to reach SMS.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Accredited by the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell: This Cell encourages the students to become entrepreneurs and provides opportunities to work on short term projects with corporates.
- MANEUVER (HR Club): This is the HR Club of the school that conducts monthly meetings to discuss the latest trends and opportunities.
- Optimizer (Operations Club): Through practical work and use case studies, this club enhances the management skills of the students.
- Finnazen (Finance Club): This is a Finance Club of SMS that provides a quality learning experience in the world of finance by organising various interactive events.
- Marketeur (Marketing Club): This is a marketing Club that helps the marketing and sales enthusiasts to increase their skills by providing them with insightful knowledge sessions, events and hands-on training.
Courses & Fees
School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad Admission Details:
School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad offers admission to the postgraduate and doctoral courses in various areas. Admission to the postgraduate courses will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the CAT examination followed by a Group Discussion and Personal Interview. SMS admission to the Ph.D. course will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the written test followed by an interview. Students can check the details of the SMS admission process given below:
For Postgraduate Courses:
- The candidates have to appear for CAT and score the cut off marks of 93 percentile.
- The candidates have to fill the online application form and register themselves.
- Further, the selected candidates have to appear for Group Discussion (GD) followed by Personal Interview (PI).
For Doctoral Courses:
- The aspirants have to fill the online application form and register themselves.
- The candidates have to appear for a written test.
- Based on the marks scored in the written test, the candidates will be called for the interview.
- The final selection will be based on the performance of candidates in written test and interview.
Exams and Cutoffs
It was a good experience.
Last Seen: 19 Jul' 20
Joined On: 06 Aug' 18
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
The Experiences of Life at UoH
Last Seen: 31 Aug' 16
Joined On: 31 Aug' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
Mba in HCU
Last Seen: 04 Jan' 20
Joined On: 17 Feb' 15
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
A budget friendly institute for sophisticated academics.
School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad Facilities:
School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad provides several infrastructural facilities to the students and staff such as a library with a collection of books, computer centre to provide practical knowledge to the students, separate hostels for boys and girls, conference hall for meetings, conferences, health centre to cater to the medical needs, indoor and outdoor sports facilities. The details of these facilities are given below:
- Library: The Library of SMS has a wide range of management books as well as journals, both national and international. PC is available for internet access.
- Computer Centre: The School has a well-equipped computer lab with facilities like video-recording/playback equipment, public address system/software packages.
- Hostels: The School has well-furnished and spacious hostels for boys and girls. Wardens are available to take of the students.
- Conference Halls: SMS has two conference halls for the students and faculty to conduct any official meetings, conferences, etc.
- Health Centre: A dispensary is present inside the campus for any kind of medical emergency. A van is also available for immediate transport to a hospital.
- Sports Facilities: SMS provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities for the students. The institute has maintained cricket, football ground, tennis court, etc.
Questions related to School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
I want to know university of hyderabad accepts sep mat score 2019 for 2020 admission.
The score of MAT September 2019 exam will be accepted by the MBA colleges for admission MBA or PGDM courses starting in 2020. The MAT exam score is valid for 1 year and The best MAT exam score would be considered to get the merit position during the admission process of the College you are looking to get admission in. The colleges in Hyderabad accepting MAT scores for admission are;
Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management - VJIM Hyderabad
GITAM Hyderabad Business School, GITAM Deemed University, Hyderabad
Vishwa Vishwani Hyderabad: Vishwa Vishwani Institute of Systems and Management
IPE Hyderabad: Institute of Public Enterprise
All the best!
I got MBA seat in school of management studies University of Hyderabad, I want to know about the placements and course curriculum .....
School of managemet studies is a decent management college. Placements are good and few of the companies like volta, Dell, ITC, ICICI offers are a good packages to the students.
Total number of available seats are approx 60. Also the fees of the college is very low/ reasonable with 30000-35000 per semester.
Infrastructure of the colleges is well established with all the basic amenities like computer/IT labs, medical, canteen, LCD room, and many more.
It's a good option to do MBA from this college. All the best.
Which one is the best option for mba
Infrastructure,College Life,Industry Exposure,Affordability,Student Crowd ,Faculty BOTH the colleges have there own advantages
and both need to give entrance exam like CAT, MAT
but if you want to go for low investment with good ROI i would suggest School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad,
where as Siva Sivani Institute of Management, Secunderabad being private has good placememnts like SMS -UH but fee is comparative high then university of hyd.
so based on various factors you can make a choice which to chose
I Would recommend you to chose School of management studies University of Hyderabad
How is MBA in school of management studies University of Hyderabad ??what about the facilities ,and placements and industry exposure .
also, the college is providing best infrastructure and well furnished teaching activities.
The University ranks top and stands as a bench mark in providing the best enhanced and worthy education .
regarding, placement criteria,the average salary package ranges from 5 -8 lakhs and the top companies are visiting the college every year and offering high salary packages to the students.
The faculty is highly distinguished and they are well knowledged persons providing the best skills and helping students towards bright career.
hope you understood,
I got 30 percentile in cat but I shortlisted for school of management studies University of Hyderabad MBA Gd pi .
What is the average package and what is the actual fees structure ?
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college has a boy’s hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a girl's hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a health center with a first aid facility for the students.
The University Library has over 3.0 lakh books and a subscription to over 700 journals in other areas Subscribes to e-journals EBSCO, Elsevier, UGC INFONET, MathSciNet PC’s available for internet access and OPAC Professional reference services In addition, the school has certain essential reference books/business magazines etc.,
The college has the sports facilities for all students.
Support facilities / video-recording / playback equipment, public address system / software packages Several other software packages are available online from the University’s Centre for Modelling, Simulation, and Design
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar.
The college has good networking for the alumni association.
The college has a Wi-Fi facility for the students and staff.
The college has a departmental based laboratories facility for the students. two Computer labs with state of the art equipment
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: