- Course Overview
- Internet Hierarchy (2 Questions)
- Packet Switching (2 Questions)
- Layering (2 Questions)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- A System View of Communications From Signals to Packets
A System View of Communications From Signals to Packets (Part 3)
Build your foundation of communications strong with A System View of Communications: From Signals to Packet (Part 3) by edX.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 4-6 Hours Per Week
The course is one of the three parts in which the A system view of communications: From signals to packet (Part 3) certification course is divided. The course deals with answering the questions on how information is transmitted in mobile phones or a wifi hotspot. As the course is divided into three parts, the learners can learn the other parts as well for a complete or overall understanding. Part 3 mainly focuses on the transmission of data or information from one network to another and how it connects multiple stations. Here, productive and effective solutions are thought of for overcoming challenges and developing intuition.
A system view of communications: From signals to packet (Part 3) certification course is inspired and developed from the 6.02 Digital communication systems course. Its origin is MIT. This course is an introductory course. It focuses on the mathematical aspects of the engineering communication system. In part 3, the transmission of the network is analyzed such as the internet.
The certificate for the course is very valuable and highly marketable. The candidates can put the certificate in their CV or resume. It can be shared on Linkedin where new connections with better career prospects can take place.
- 5 weeks duration
- Shareable certificate
- Verified by Hongkong University of science and technology
- Discussion forum
- Introductory level
- Practical knowledge
- 4-6 hours weekly
- Discussion forum
- Question series
- Video lectures
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
A System View of Communications: From Signals to Packet (Part 3) course fee details are listed below:
- A system view of communications: From signals to packet (Part 3) certification course can be accessed for free by following the audit option.
- The candidates will have to pay the fee of Rs. 3,643 to receive a verified certificate and access this course.
Amount in Rs.
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
A System View of Communications: From Signals to Packet (Part 3) program is recommended for:
- Candidates who desire to build a strong plinth of their career with a better understanding of the engineering tools.
Certification qualifying details
A System View of Communications: From Signals to Packet (Part 3) certification can be availed only through the verified track. To qualify for the certificate, the candidates will first have to become verified learners. They will have to complete the course with a minimum grade.
What you will learn
The candidates will access these learning outcomes listed below in A System View of Communications: From Signals to Packet (Part 3) by edX:
- The basics of transmission of the network in mobile phones or a wifi hotspot will be introduced.
- The candidates will know how multiple stations are connected over a network.
- Understanding the engineering tools and how they are used for the transmission will be emphasized.
- There will be interactive sessions in A system view of communications: From signals to packet (Part 3) training for building intuition.
- There will also be a discussion on how to generate effective strategies to overcome challenges in networking.
- The candidates will learn to develop useful systems with the provided guidance
These guided steps are for the candidates who wish to enrol in the course offered by edX. Follow each step properly-
Step 1: The candidates will have to open their browser and click on this URL-
Step 2: The candidates must register firstly with their email id, Google, or Facebook account.
Step 3: Then they can sign in with their registered account to proceed further.
Step 4: After signing in the candidates can go through its A System View of Communications: From Signals to Packet (Part 3) certification syllabus and contents by enrolling.
Step 5: The enrolment can be done through the audit track or the verified track.
Step 6: The audit track provides free enrolment and the verified track provides a verified certificate.
Step 7: The audit candidates can upgrade A system view of communications: From signals to packet (Part 3) training and the low-income students can apply for 90% financial assistance for receiving the certificate.
The Link Layer
- Link Layer (2 Questions)
- Multiple Access Protocols (2 Questions)
- Aloha Protocol (1 Question)
- The efficiency of Slotted Aloha (3 Questions)
- Lab 1: Link Layer
The Network Layer
- Network Layer (2 Questions)
- IP Addressing (2 Questions)
- Forwarding (2 Questions)
- Routing: Distance Vector Algorithm (2 Questions)
- Routing: Routing Link State Algorithm (1 Question)
- Summary of Routing Algorithms (1 Question)
- Lab 2: Network Layer
The Transport Layer
- Transport Layer (3 Questions)
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP) (3 Questions)
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) (2 Questions)
Reliable Transfer Protocols
- Stop-and-Wait Protocol (1 Question)
- Throughput of Stop-and-Wait (2 Questions)
- Sliding Window Protocol (2 Questions)
- Lab 3: Transport Layer
The Application Layer
- Application Layer (2 Questions)
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) (2 Questions)
- Domain Name System (DNS) (2 Questions)
- Lab 4 - Application Layer (17 Questions)
- IP Protocol Stack
- The Internet Hourglass
- Final Exam (12 Questions)
MATLAB and Tutorials
- MATLAB Online
- Getting Started with MATLAB
- Working with Data in Arrays
- Data Visualization
- Program Control
Post Course Survey
- Post Course Survey
The economically backward learners who wish to enrol in the course can apply for 90 % financial aid. This aid is provided by edX and it can be found in the ‘course tools’ section. The learners will have to give an authentic report of their annual income. Three essays of around 200-300 word limit must also be written by those economically weak learners.
How it helps
The candidates enrolling for the course will gain new insights into the basic engineering communication networks and also learn about its design system. The learners will learn to solve the basic problems regarding coming up with solutions that can overcome challenges and develop intuitions. The learners will also get to know about the 6.02 Digital communication systems on which this course is built on.
A 90% discounted coupon will be given to those candidates who can meet the requirements for assistance. This course is verified by The Hongkong University of Science and Technology. It is a self-paced course. The candidates will be able to access flexibly in their own free time.
A System View of Communications: From Signals to Packet (Part 3) certification is shareable on all online platforms. The certificate will have the logo of the university and the signature of the instructor. This certificate will prove to be beneficial in career growth and new career connections. The candidates can share it on Linkedin and through the certification, they can gain new connections. Professional networking in online platforms will help increase one’s value in the offline world and will reap A System View of Communications: From Signals to Packet (Part 3) certification benefits.
This course is an introductory level. For better understanding check A system view of communications: From signals to packet (Part 3) online course contents given on the website.
There is a short video uploaded on the A system view of communications: From signals to packet (Part 3) training page on the edX platform. The willing candidates can see the video and within 4 minutes, they will get an overview.
The candidates who unenroll before 14 days of purchasing the course are eligible to receive refunds.
edX’s FAQ section and edX Learner documentation will answer all the asked queries and the candidates will also find some answered queries on these problems.
The subject matter of the course is computer science.
edX is a non-profit online platform whose mission is to give free access to edX courses to everyone. The payments are for verified certificates. The payments fund edX in its mission.
edX’s financial assistance scheme applies to only individuals belonging to low-income families. For further guidance, the candidates can ask the edX authorities.
edX is a flexible mode of online programs and it can be accessed on all platforms such as mobile phones, tablets, and laptops.
The certificate varies with the A system view of communications: From signals to packet (Part 3) training type. For self-paced programs, certificates are issued immediately.
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong via Edx
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo via Edx
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong via Edx
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.