- 4 days ago: IIT Delhi start-up to design advanced fabric for National Flag Read More
- 5 days ago: IIT Delhi start-up to engineer durable fabric for the National Flag Read More
- 20 Jul 2021: IIT Delhi establishes ‘Manish Singhal Chair’ to promote teaching, research in smart textiles Read More
- 20 Jul 2021: Universities, institutes work towards reducing carbon footprint on campuses Read More
- 19 Jul 2021: No decision yet on exempting IITs from reservation in teachers’ recruitment: Centre Read More
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time three/six-year Doctoral program and it is offered by the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
Admission is based on Written test and/or interview.
Master degree in Engineering / Technology or master degree in Science / Humanities or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general / OBC category. Full-time students who do not possess M.Tech. or equivalent degree is required to have a valid GATE Score (300 or qualifying score whichever is higher for GE/OBC & 200 or qualifying score whichever is higher for SC / ST / PD) or UGC / CSIR / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE fellowship examination for Sciences / Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines. OR B.Tech. or equivalent with CGPA of 7.5 on a 10 point scale or 70% aggregate marks and qualified GATE or UGC / CSIR / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE fellowship examination for Biomedical Engg., candidates having M.B.B.S. with 60% marks or more are eligible provided they have qualified ICMR. The Candidates having a Postgraduate degree of doctor of medicine (MD) / Master in Surgery (MS) with 60% marks or more after MBBS will also be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme in CBME. In respect of M.A., M.Sc. and/or B.Techs. from IITs graduating with a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of qualification through a national examination. In respect of students from CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (IIT’s, NIT’s, IIIT’s etc.) having CPI / CGPA 7.00 (at 10.00 scale) at the end of 3rd year, the requirement of qualification through a national examination is waived off.