- Tasland announces its climate policy
- Introduction to carbon footprinting
- Practical: carbon footprinting
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 2-3 Hours Per Week
Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy course by edX guarantees that course takers will become familiar with each and everything about the low carbon economy. It will assist them with several professional concepts such as various climate change policy responses, comparing projects based on emissions reduction, comparing projects based on cost, analyzing your company’s carbon footprint, participating in emission trading schemes, and so on.
Edx made this course in a joint effort with the University of Queensland which is one of the best research and teaching institutions in Australia with the end goal that competitors will have an expert class learning experience. The Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy certification course is planned by experts so course takers will handily comprehend and become accustomed to the low carbon organization and foundation.
Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy course accompanies adaptable choices of Self paced preparation, Online exams, Graded assignments, Projects, and Discussion forums with the end goal that competitors can pick their favored way of learning. It is likewise lined up with the most recent 2020 version which ensures that everything is forward-thinking. This program makes the best speculation for individuals who need to make a fruitful career in the industry.
- Powered by The University of Queensland
- Self-paced training
- 5 weeks of course length
- 2-3 hours of time per week
- Unlimited access
- Beginner level course
- Can be audited free
- EdX official certification
- Graded assignments
- Non-graded assignments
- Discussion forums
- Self-paced learning
- Video transcripts
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The accreditation charge for this course is Rs. 14,907
- Students can save up to 15% by using the code ‘EDXWELCOME’.
The fee particulars table is given below
Amount in Rs.
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy course is ideal for various people such as -
- Industry professionals who want to revise and recap several key components and learn new techniques and skills.
- Amateurs who want to boost their enterprise in the Low Carbon Economy and dive into the field.
Students must possess secondary mathematical knowledge and basic skills of spreadsheet navigation to pursue the Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy course.
Certification Qualifying Details
Upon finishing the course, understudies will be granted an authority testament from edX for those who secure a minimum grade of 60% or above in the assignments.
What you will learn
Students will be highly benefited by the Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy course. They will obtain many skills such as -
- Calculating emissions of the organization through carbon footprint.
- How to use different policies to address various public policy issues.
- How to enhance a project portfolio and engage in limit penalty payment.
- How to buy the right mix of ETS options like carbon offsets, auction allowances, and secondary market allowances).
- Understanding several advantages of carbon emissions management.
- What makes climate change a public policy issue.
- How to participate in the Emission Trading Scheme (ETS).
- Examining the working of public policies to uplift mitigation and adaptation of climate change.
- How to utilize Marginal Abatement Cost Curves (MACCs) to envision and compare the cost of projects and emission reduction volume.
Understudies need not fill any application structure to enrol for the e-Learning workshop on Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy to play in the course as the enlistment cycle is on the web. The methods that candidates should follow are given underneath:
Stage 1: Open the link that is provided below which directs to the edX course page and click on enrol.
Stage 2: Candidates need to sign in to their edX account or sign up on the off chance that they haven't yet.
Stage 3: Pick your fitting course track between free and verified.
Stage 4: Learners who partake in the free track can pick up permission to the course material right away.
Stage 5: However, understudies who partake in the affirmed track should proceed to checkout.
Stage 6: Pick your suitable portion procedure.
Stage 7: Now, carefully fill in your portion information.
Stage 8: Candidates will be admitted to the affirmed track after the portion is refined.
Carbon footprinting (measure)
- Course evaluation survey
- Summarising what we have learned
Introduction and welcome
- Welcome to Tasland!
- Add yourself to the map
- What is carbon 101x?
- Preliminary survey
Carbon abatement (manage)
- Financial appraisal of emissions abatement projects
- Practical: marginal abatement cost curve
- Tasland's green technology market booms!
Climate policies worldwide
- Command-and-control in action
- The international call to action
- Climate change adaptation in action
- Carbon pricing in action
- The need for carbon management skills
- Direct climate finance in action
- Part 2 quiz
Organisational management in the low carbon economy
- ETS key design features
- Practical: Building resilience in the face of climate change
- Practical: navigating an ETS
- Tasland's ETS commences
- Learn to minimize future climate-related financial losses
- Learn to select optimal ETS options
Fundamentals of carbon and climate change policies
- Impacts of climate change
- Public policy approaches
- Which policy approach is the most effective?
- Beyond compliance
- What is "CO2e"?
- Part 1 quiz
- Fundamentals of climate change
Understudies who can't pay the entire assertion charge can avail 90% of financial aid. In any case, the scholarship isn't open on each checked assertion course. If it’s all the same to you, kindly contact the edX customer care for extra nuances.
How it helps
A Low Carbon Economy is the most significant part of investigating global climate changes and advancement. Applicants will become acclimated to various essentials tools with the end goal that the efficient focal points of the Low Carbon Economy are equitably dispersed.
Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy course by utilizing edX is the correct region for the course takers who are interested and seek to become professionals in the field. It's the right fit for people who are fixated on hoping to look for professional information regarding hall ventures. It gives them a particular palms-on revel in Global Climate Change Policies and appraisals of Carbon footprint passage look after your organization.
The exposure to real-world and industry-exact undertakings will make the course takers ideal for the placements they yearn for. Post-culmination of the course, up-and-comers will get a confirmed endorsement which brings them a ton of expert advantages like situations, activities, temporary jobs, etc.
The errands and graded assignments given by utilizing edX are the most extremely refreshed and pertinent that people can obtain in a preparation program. It makes up-and-comers endeavor prepared with the guide of outfitting them with the abilities adequate to utilize their learnings in a specialist background. The undertakings examine the capacities of way course takers and regard for each basic and hypothetical contemplating.
EdX provides this course in company with The University of Queensland which is best known for its premier research and teaching. It is ranked among the top 50 universities in UQ rankings. It is a great course for students who want to gain ample knowledge and practical skills.
The complete length of the course is 7 weeks. Endeavors of 2-4 hours are an unquestionable requirement.
Yes, it is a checked testament by edX endorsed by the teacher. It is an incredible accomplishment. It encourages you to land position arrangements, advancements, compensation climbs, etc.
No, this is self-guided taking in where understudies will gain from the solace of their homes at their own speed.
The kind, of course, is self-guided.
Students should have a decent grasp of Secondary Math and Spreadsheet Navigation skills to take up the Essential Tools For The Low Carbon Economy course.
There aren't particular timings as this is a self-guided course. Understudies can get to the talks any time they wish.
Yes, it is exhorted that understudies should watch the demo address which is available on the course page prior to taking up the course.
Yes, students must apply the code ‘EDXWELCOME’ during the checkout to get a price cut of 15% on the certification fee.
The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh via Edx
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
UQ Brisbane via Edx
Smithsonian Institution via Edx
Kyoto University via Edx
UQ Brisbane via Edx
Peking University via Edx
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne via Edx
Courses of your interest
The University of Edinburgh, Edi... via Coursera
More Courses by UQ Brisbane
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.