- Pre-course survey
- Course navigation
- Meet the team and introduce yourselves
Sustainability Science A Key Concept for Future Design
Venture deep in the field of sustainability by pursuing Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design by edX.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 2-3 Hours Per Week
In Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design by edX, the students will be discovering the science of sustainability by learning more about the practical applications and the theoretical concepts around the world and in Japan. The course will be providing an overview to all the applicants about the current issues that are faced by sustainability around the global platform, also the students would deal with the approaches to solve the crisis in the Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design program.
The students will be made aware and also exposed to the water and industrial pollution issues along with the challenges faced to solve those raging issues. The concept of- “human nature” will also be tackled in the six-week session. The participants will be encouraged to explore the ecosystem-based disaster risk reduction (Eco- DRR) techniques. The students will be learning about environmental planning and governance in an elaborate manner.
- 2-3 hours class every week
- 6 weeks program
- Free registration
- Course partnered by The University of Tokyo
- Self paced learning
- Introductory level program
- Course by edX
- Video transcript
- Case study
- Online learning
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The registration for the course is free.
- The candidates have to deposit Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design fees of Rs.3,605/- as the course amount for pursuing the program.
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design certification course will prove a help to the following applicants-
- The candidates who want to research further about the subject of “social science” can apply to the online program.
- If he/she is interested in studying the art of sustaining in the modern world then they can register for this course.
Certification Qualification Details
The students are required to upgrade their Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design certification by paying the notified amount to receive the certificate.
What you will learn
The applicants will be learning the following in the Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design Online Course-
- The students will be discovering the various facades of sustainability so that they can implement the concept in decision making.
- Candidates will also be learning about Japanese initiates in the domain of sustainability which is deeply covered in Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design certification syllabus.
- The environmental governance system will be covered by applicants for making wise decisions.
- For instructions policy frameworks the candidates will be working on urban-rural model of sustainability
- The theoretical concepts will be learned by the students in the Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design Certification Course
- The participants will be introduced to the “education of sustainable development” in the programme.
- The learners will be working on rural-urban mixture models for generating better policy models.
- The technique of risk management will be taught to the candidates so that they can work on sustainable models.
- The topic of “Socio-Ecological Production Landscapes and Seascapes” (SEPLS) will also be taught to all the applicants.
- In the Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design certification, the students will study about Eco-DRR.
Filling the form
For registering and confirming the seat the students in the Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design Online Course need to follow the steps-
Step 1: The applicant need to visit the site- https://www.edx.org/course/sustainability-science-a-key-concept-for-future-de
Step 2: The process of application has to start by providing the details of their “Full Name”.
Step 3: To provide a “username” is necessary and can not be skipped by the students.
Step 4: The candidates have to mention their email address while filling the application form.
Step 5: The program clause and terms are provided. Candidates have to provide their consent.
Step 6: The final step involves the submission of the form by paying the Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design fees.
Introduction and pre-course survey
Introduction to sustainability and its Japanese context
Linking people with nature; an ecosystem approach for human wellbeing
The value of grey -food security and sustainable agriculture in Asian cities
Pedagogy for a sustainable future
- Part A: on consensus and descensus in environmental governance
- Part B: education for sustainable development (ESD)
The candidates who are facing economic challenges will be provided 90% discount on this course.
How it helps
The candidates who are eager to earn a professional certificate in “sustainable development” and want to study more about the subject of “ social sciences” will get Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design certification benefits that has been specially structured by experts of edX and the professionals from the University of Tokyo. The programme will be providing the enrolled students with an opportunity to learn at their own pace. The Online Certification Programme on Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design will be rewarding certificates to the students who pursue the upgraded track. The certificate will bear the logo of the institute and at the same time will hold the signature of the instructor hence testifying for their achievements.
The data and details of the course can be shared by all the candidates in their professional social media accounts for accessing more job offers and better salary jobs. Throughout the online programme, the students will be guided by their mentors. They will be given projects and assignments that will pertain to the real world so that they can develop all the key industrial skills and techniques. The Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design benefits will help the applicants to develop a strong foundation and base in environmental governance.
The course will be organizing 2-3 hour classes every week for the enrolled candidates over the next six weeks in the Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design training.
Yes, the program will be providing scholarships but the amount can only be availed by the students who come from economically restrained backgrounds.
Dear students if you wish to register for the course then you should visit the website immediately since the registration is going on.
The subject of “social science” will be emphasized more during the program.
The students can be accessed by the students from the given link-https://www.edx.org/course/sustainability-science-a-key-concept-for-future-de
The certificate for the course can be easily shared on any social media platform by the participants.
The students will receive the course materials only after they are registering for the program successfully.
The University of Tokyo along with edX is hosting the Sustainability Science- A Key Concept for Future Design Training.
For the students, the program will be hosted on the digital platform.
International Monetary Fund via Edx
GU Washington via Edx
Peking University via Edx
The World Bank Group via Edx
Babson College, Wellesley via Edx
Doane University, Crete via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
GU Washington via Edx
The University of Western Australia, Perth via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by The University of Tokyo, Tokyo
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.