WHAT IS CIVIL ENGINEERING ?
There would have been no historic wonders like Taj Mahal, Coliseum of Rome and the Great Wall of China or modern masterpieces like the London Bridge and Howrah Bridge if there were no civil engineers. The engineering course deals with planning, designing, constructing, maintaining, and operating infrastructures while protecting the public and environmental health as well as improving existing infrastructure. The course also teaches the development of better infrastructural facilities to sustain an eco-friendly environment. Civil engineering course is offered both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.Expand
- For UG: The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from CBSE or any other equivalent examination board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. The candidates should also fulfil minimum qualifying marks in aggregate of the subjects.
- For PG: The candidate should have a B.Tech in civil engineering with a minimum passing percentage in an aggregate of the subjects studied at undergraduate level.
SCOPE OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
- The construction and infrastructural development projects including town planning are on the rise in the coming days and will demand more domain specialists.
- In search of comfortably safe homes, better roads and standardised living, the demand for civil engineers are to raise more.
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Construction Management
- Construction Practices
- Elements of Surveying
- Engineering Geology
- Environmental Engineering
- Introduction to Transportation Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Transportation Engineering Lab
CAREER OPTIONS AFTER CIVIL ENGINEERING
Salary : 1.8L INR - 2.8L INR
Degrees: B.E /Btech, M.E /Mtech.
Salary : 2.5 L INR - 3 L INR
Degrees: B.E /Btech
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 4364 Joined
- 2090 Questions
Civil Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi Placements Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai PlacementsView all tags
Can u please tell me the civil engineering colleges in mumbai that offer good placements except IIT and vjti?
Civil Engineering College of Engineering, Trivandrum College of Engineering, Trivandrum Placements Thakur College of Engineering and Technology, MumbaiView all tags
Does Thakur College of engineering has good placements for civil engineering
Is vit is best for civil engineering branch
Is there anyone from NIT, Trichy, especially from civil engineering??
Confused What To Do After Diploma
Hello sir I'm Talha Korti.Presently I'm pursuing my diploma in civil engineering.Is it necessary to do B.tech or B.E after diploma or I should go for a job directly? Can I get good salary after comple... Read More