- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5 Years
- Offered by: Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
Doctor of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering is a five-year (10 Semesters) full-time program offered at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Goa Campus.
A candidate is normally admitted to the Ph.D. programme after passing his/her Ph.D. qualifying examination. A few candidates may be admitted to the programme as provisional candidates before passing the Ph.D. qualifying examination. This provision is applicable to full time research scholars on the campus.
- M.E/M.Pharm./MBA/ M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate.
- Candidate with an M Sc/B.E or an equivalent with a minimum of 60% will also be considered for provisional admission to the Ph D programme.
- For Ph D programme in languages and humanities, candidates with an M.Phil/M A and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered. Such candidates have to undergo a minimum of two semester course work prescribed by DRC.
- Candidates admitted under this scheme will work full time toward their Ph D research and will not take any other assignment till the submission of final thesis.