- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
The FPM requires 4 years of full-time study, closely working with faculty guides and also pursuing independent research interests. During the first two years of the program, students are required to complete extensive course work across the basic disciplines of management.
The program successfully builds upon the research strengths of ISB faculty members who engage in cutting-edge research that is academically rigorous and highly relevant to the current needs of the business.
As an FPM student, you will work closely with faculty members in the capacity of research assistant and co-author. This core research focus serves not just to hone the future researcher in you but also allows students enrolled in the other programs at ISB to benefit from state-of-the-art research that is carried out at the school.
Challenging, comprehensive and global in scope, the FPM embodies ISB’s commitment towards becoming a world-class, research-oriented institution and prepares you for faculty positions at leading universities across the world. As an FPM scholar, you will be groomed to make an impact in academia as well as in the global business sphere.
ISB offers the FPM in seven areas: Accounting, Financial Economics, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organisational Behaviour, and Strategy.
- All applicants are required to take one of the following tests before submitting their application. Applications will not be considered without a valid test score.
- Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE) administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), Princeton, USA
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) administered by Pearson VUE, Bloomington, USA
- Common Admission Test (CAT) / JRF
- The common denominators are superior academic credentials and a consistent display of intellectual prowess. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. To be eligible, candidates must hold a university degree from an accredited academic institution. Applicants typically should have an 4-year undergraduate degree or a 3-year undergraduate and postgraduate degree or equivalent in areas such as business, economics, engineering, computer sciences, mathematics, physics or the arts.
- Irrespective of the field of study, applicants must possess a strong academic record and display creativity, self-motivation, and ingenuity in their prior academic and work experience. Moreover, applicants must have a strong interest in pursuing a research and teaching career in academia.
- Candidates will be assessed on the basis of outstanding intellectual ability, motivation, faculty recommendations and personal characteristics required for an international academic career. There is no particular requirement concerning fields of study at the undergraduate level, but standard postgraduate entry tests (GMAT / GRE / CAT / JRF) will be used to assess general ability and, if necessary, proficiency in English.