The above details are taken from the data submitted with with AICTE. It is to be noted that Enrolment numbers pertain to the 1st year of the batch for which placement data is shown. There is a possibility of placement data being more than enrolment numbers due to lateral enrolment of students.
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Anna University, Chennai
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Civil Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by the Anna University, Chennai.
Admissions for 1st year BE/B.Tech is based on marks scored in HSC (Academic/Vocational) as per norms indicated below category wise.
- OC- Minimum 50% marks in chem/physics/maths taken aggregate with minimum 40% marks in individual subjects.
- BC - Minimum 45% in chem/physics/Maths.
- MBC - Minimum 40% marks in chem./physics/maths.
- SC-Pass in the HSC exam with chem./physics/maths.
Lateral Entry Candidates-
Diploma holders in relevant branch or B.Sc graduates with maths as one of the major subjects are eligible for direct entry to the 2nd year BE/B. Tech courses as per norms indicated below.
- OC - Min. 50% marks in diploma or B.Sc.
- BC - Min. 45% marks in diploma or B.Sc.
- MBC - Min 40% marks in diploma or B.Sc.
- SC/ST - Just pass in a diploma or B.Sc exam.