The above details are taken from the data submitted with with AICTE. It is to be noted that Enrolment numbers pertain to the 1st year of the batch for which placement data is shown. There is a possibility of placement data being more than enrolment numbers due to lateral enrolment of students.
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai
Diploma in Civil Engineering is a three-year full-time course offered by Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Admission is open to both Boys & Girls A Pass in X Std state Board / Matriculation / CBSE and I.T.I is the basic qualification for polytechnic admission.
- 40% marks in theory and drawing subjects and 50% in practical examinations are the set criteria for getting a pass in the Board Examination.
- With regard to the first year syllabus for each subject, 25 marks are allotted for internal assessment and 75 marks are allotted for Board Examinations
For First Year Admission
- A pass in SSLC or equivalent examination
For Second Year Lateral Admission
- A pass in HSC (Academic stream with Math's, Physics and Chemistry).
- A pass in HSC (Vocational stream with Math's or Physics or Chemistry and Engineering related Vocational subjects).
- A pass in the ITI with SSLC.