- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Directorate of Technical Education, Thiruvananthapuram
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a three-year full-time course offered by the State Board of Technical Education, Kerala, and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The candidate should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics, English, and Science subjects are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have taken more than two chances in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations are not eligible for admission.
- For CBSE/ICSE/Open school candidates, the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in science in the place of Physics and Chemistry.
- In the case of CBSE candidates, only the certificates of Board examination will be accepted as a qualifying certificate.
Diploma Lateral Entry:
- The candidate should have passed +2/equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English after completion of two years of study with a minimum score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC)/tenth standard/equivalent examination, with at least 35 percent in science and maths subjects