- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a three-year full-time course offered by Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Admission to the polytechnic college for the three year Full Time Diploma course is done purely on the basis of the marks obtained in the SSLC Board Examination.
- Direct admission to the second year of the course is also made for those who have passed the higher secondary course (academic/vocational).
Eligibility for the First-Year Admission:
- Candidates for admission into the first semester of full-time diploma course shall be required to have passed:
- The SSLC examination of the Board of Secondary Education, Tamil Nadu with eligibility for Higher Secondary course.
- The Matriculation of Tamil Nadu/ Central Board of Secondary Education Examination with eligibility for the higher secondary course.
- The Anglo Indian High School examination with the eligibility for the Higher Secondary Course in Tamil Nadu.
Eligibility for Lateral Entry Admission: For Lateral Entry into the second year (III Semester of the course)
- The candidates shall be required to have passed the Higher Secondary (Academic/ Vocational) Examination of 10 plus 2 pattern or ITI, with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as the subjects as study