- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Biomedical Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram.
- There are 60 seats in each of the disciplines. Fifty percent of the seats (thirty seats in each discipline) are filled by the controller of Entrance Examinations based on the marks secured at the Common Entrance test.
- The remaining seats are management seats to be filled on the basis of merit.
- Candidates who wish to be considered for the seats under management quota shall apply separately to the Institution.
- Candidates with a pass in the plus-two examination of Kerala Higher Secondary Board or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as optional subjects or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto, securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission.
- Candidates with a Diploma in Engineering awarded by the Board of Technical Education of the Government of Kerala or a Diploma as accepted equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 50% marks in the final Diploma Examination are eligible for admission.
- Usual concession to SC/ST and other eligible communities will be allowed as per the rules and regulations of the Government. Candidates shall be Indian National (this is without prejudice to the provision for admitting foreign nationals as per directives of the Government of India), and there is no restriction with regard to age for admission is made through an entrance examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram, every year.